Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used breast pumps can't be pawned? Damn! I've got six of the things.

... aged 26 to 40 years old ...
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

An additional note re: breast pumps - the retail ones were never intended to be more than "single use", so the motor's not nearly as robust as the industrial, re-usable ones you can rent from the hospital. When the motor starts to fail, your pumped supply begins to dwindle. Just something to keep in mind, on top of the already mentioned hygiene issues.

Besides, wouldn't Bubble's store have to have some kind of license or permit to be (re)selling medical devices?

Comment

In the 6 years I have been working at the pawn shop, I have had the following come in. Mind you, this is just off the top of my head... And no, we didn't take any of them:
        False teeth
        Electric razor
        Footbaths. Yes, multiple. Used. Ew.
        An array of partially used perfumes.
        A plane ticket, dated for the following week
        Fresh tuna
        Home canned salmon
        Elk meat
        Used bedding

Please remember, this is a list compiled in about 3 minutes. People are strange
        Last edited by PawnPrincess Ardra; 06-20-2012, 04:07 PM. Reason: horrible, horrible grammar lol

Comment

mmm Elk meat. Was it frozen? If so and you had a freezer... XD

Comment

LOL I don't know if it was frozen or not. We just... don't take wild game as collateral. I love Elk meat, but even that's a stretch for me

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
              They still are in some countries. In fact, from mammary, in China, during the tainted milk scandal, the salary of wet nurses went right up.
              Fixed for you. This topic needs more puns.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth bubblelittlepally View Post
                I know some places re-sell them used, but they're not pawn shops.
                I was basically thinking the same thing. A good sterilization and the pump would be good to go (especially if it was a manual one rather than one of the motorized ones). But I would seriously not buy one from a pawn shop.

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Used breast pumps can't be pawned? Damn! I've got six of the things.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                  Caution: The oldest likes to *chomp* and look up with a .

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    Oh, I dunno. I can see a fertile topic like this one getting udderly milked for all it's worth.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Oh har de har har.

Bite me.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Bite me.
                        ... for that would you need my oldest.

Comment

Quoth lobo94 View Post
                          It could have been worse...he could have been trying to pitch things from the Doc Johnson Catalog. EEEEEEWWWWW!!!!
                          i read that as "don johnson"

and then i looked up the doc. ....
                          you know someone tried turning in one of those on hardcore pawn. they got turned down too. (swing)

Comment

Quoth pageantmama View Post
                            I know it seems gross to handle something that someone's bodily fluids have touched but breastmilk is not super toxic, it is quite yummy. Not that I tasted mine or anything.....
                            HIV can pass into breast milk. So can Hep C. Some drugs can pass into breast milk as well. I wouldn't want a used pump, either. Ick.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                            Funny to think that a few centuries ago wetnurses were employed.
                            And still are. But that was in an age where women didn't have a lot of options.

Quoth BuffySummers View Post
                            Besides, wouldn't Bubble's store have to have some kind of license or permit to be (re)selling medical devices?
                            Interesting question. I think technically, yes. When I was trying to buy a fetal heart monitor used, I had problems with some vendors because I wasn't a hospital or doctor's office.
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

They still are in some countries. In fact, from memory, in China, during the tainted milk scandal, the salary of wet nurses went right up.
                              Some farmers here in the US do that with cows as well. Just saw that the other night on "Cajun Pawn Stars" where Jimmie went out to a farm to check out another side gig to make more money.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X