This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hello all. I've been a lurker on here for quite a while, but in the last few months my job has turned to crap, and I'm feeling the need to vent more and more.

So, I've been working at McDs for a few years and while we've always had some SCs, I found them pretty tolerable until the management got worse than all of them combined. I have a bunch of stories, but that will most likely take center stage in my complaining, lol.

Not too much else to say at the moment, just wanted to say hi.

Hello. Welcome to the site.

And I love your username!

Comment

Welcome! I was with them 14 1/2 years.

H-ave
      Y-ou
      H-ad
      Y-our
      B-reak
      T-oday?
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Just curious, but how can I be reading a post from someone who has a post count of ZERO? That's what McProletarian's post count is - I thought that even if it was someone's first post, the count would be 1 (otherwise it would mean I was reading something that hadn't been posted).
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Probably a historical artifact. Unless things have changed recently, only certain areas of the site count towards your post count no matter how much you post elsewhere. It's been six years since the last time, but under the old owner, the site went down entirely a few times and had to be started over from scratch... and some people threw fits over losing their post counts, even posting random garbage just to get their custom titles and larger avatars back. Plus there have been ongoing games in Off Topic that go on for ages without any real content, and since some people like to imagine that post counts are in any way a useful measure of how much meaning you've contributed...
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Just curious, but how can I be reading a post from someone who has a post count of ZERO? That's what McProletarian's post count is - I thought that even if it was someone's first post, the count would be 1 (otherwise it would mean I was reading something that hadn't been posted).
            Only certain sub-forums contribute to your post count. I don't recall exactly which, but I blieve the off-topic sections and introduction sections don't count. This means oyu could post away in them and your post count doesn't change. This is to deter people from engaging in a practice known as "post-padding" to get theri post counts up. Of course, that's not much of an issue here since the only thing post count affects is your default user-title.
            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
            X