This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A helpful Ma Bell employee!!!

I called tonight to ensure that my landline at my current address is scheduled to be shut down, and my internet is scheduled to be transferred to mom's house. Initially was told "there's no record of that ..."

So I get transferred to an abnormally cheery person named Pat. He fished out my account info, put me on hold -- very briefly -- a couple of times to confer with other departments, and came back to tell me, still cheerily, that yes, my landline is scheduled for shutdown within the next few days and (for some reason) my internet account has already been transferred to mom's house ...

I'll believe that last one when I see it, but nonetheless, Pat was courteous, helpful and found the information as quickly as possible.

For a while there, I thought I'd been transferred to some other company ...

Good Grief!

You mean you found the one helpful Hell Canada phone employee?

I'll want that number!

I usually get the off-shore call centre if I have to call them. Even from work.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

It was a guy named 'Pat.' Good luck, LOL!

And ... he was right! My account is up and running here at Mom's house!!

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
        Good Grief!

You mean you found the one helpful Hell Canada phone employee?

I'll want that number!

I usually get the off-shore call centre if I have to call them. Even from work.

B
        You might be getting someone in BC - are we considered offshore? I know we're a little odd

Comment

99% of the time I call Hell Canada I end up in India.

I know BC is a little different, but for the most part there's no accent so thick you could cut with a knife.

"Hello. My name is of Fred. How may I of being helping you?"

Yeah, right. <sigh>

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
          X