X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you blind??

Got this one today.
    Started work at 14.00, but I usually arrive about 10 mins earlier to have a smoke, buy snacks and a drink and chat with the SM about what needs done that day.

Pulled up in the carpark today at 13:45, and parked RIGHT INFRONT of the HUGE windows that are infront of the checkouts.
    Got out of the car (a bright yellow renault megane with blacked out windows. It stands out) and had a smoke while leaning on the car.

Walked into the store wearing a hoodie over my uniform. SC at the back of a line asks if im going to open another till because she has a bus in 10 minutes.
    I thought "wtf i havent even started yet, im in a hoodie, and im sure you just saw me drive in."

I said "Sorry i dont start until 2pm"
    SC: " you should open another till anyway the line is too big"
    me: "sorry cant, I need to go clock in and count a float first, but the bus station is right next door so you should make it no problem"
    Got a pretty dirty look for that one, and the cashier had a good old chuckle. Later that day he told me he was thinking of going REALLY slow on purpose but decided against it.

proof that some SCs don't give a fuck if you're on the clock or not. if they know you're an employee they think you are there to serve them, period.

Comment

If she's so concerned about the line, maybe you should have handed her a job app, too!
      "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Comment

Quoth lie-al View Post
        If she's so concerned about the line, maybe you should have handed her a job app, too!
        Reminds me of a CW from back in the WD days . . . about 10 years ago (maybe more now)

Busy store . . me and CW only ones working front end. I'm on register, CW is handling Customer Service. It's Easter Sunday morning at that . . . 3 people had called out that morning, leaving us NO ONE until around noon (and we'd both come in at 6 a.m to open the store.)

Long line out the ying-yang . . . almost into the grocery aisle and some idiot jerk had to gall to holler out "CAN YA'LL OPEN ANOTHER LINE???"

Without missing a beat, I fired back "I'm good but I ain't THAT GOOD!"

CW chimed in and quickly explained we had no one else to call up front for help. Then I jumped back in with "We are taking applications if you or someone you know is interested."
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yeah, SCs think that even when we're off the clock, we're there to serve them. I've had an SC come up to me and demand that I help them when I've been doing my own weekly shop... in my normal clothes, carrying a bag and pushing a trolley. Um, no.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth static
            Urgh, in my shop the number of customers who waltz in the door bang on closing time is unreal. A few weeks ago I was standing in the front of the shop just about to leave- bag in hand, jacket on, earphones in with my finger on the light switch- when some woman wandered in and dumped a big pile of clothes on the counter (at least 10 pieces to be tagged and sorted).

"Sorry, we close at 6."
            "Yeah, well I come here a lot."

And what does that have to do with our opening times? Never mind, it's not like I have a life or anything better to do...

I've gotten a few people who've pounced on me as soon as I've opened the door in the mornings, too. Expecting to be served before the till is even switched on, good luck with that.
            I think if I owned a store, the signage would be written something like "Doors locked 8:30 and Store Closed 9:00" and when people ask WTF, they would get the simple explanation on the order of It is so our customers can finish shopping, and our employees can close the store without having people entering 5 minutes before the proper closing time. And when they bitch about it, tell them they don't have to shop here, and they can obey the store rules or leave.

To be honest, I am frelling tired of running into sucktomers when I am NOT actually working. It makes shopping unpleasant for us customers also. Having to sit in a check out line while some jackass whines bitches and moans pisses me off. They are interfering with ME getting checked out and back to my car. I should put roman chariot wheels on my chair and plow them all down
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth static
              "Sorry, we close at 6."
              "Yeah, well I come here a lot."
              *sweet voice* then you should know our opening and closing times by heart!
              Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
              Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
              -Unknown Author

Comment

Working...
              X