Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "are you blind?" thread made me think of this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "are you blind?" thread made me think of this.

My best friend has many health issues, among those is going blind for periods of time. She can see large shapes, so say going to a movie she can see the movie. We went to see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on opening weekend. NO ONE anywhere said anything about the movie being subtitled. So basically I was reading the subtitles to her in a low voice when this one guy stands up, faces us, and yells out "What are you BLIND or something?"
    She stands up looks his direction and says "As a matter of fact...YES I AM!"
    The audience bursts into applause.

Though honestly if they'd told us the movie was subtitled we wouldn't have gone to see it.

Couldn't you have told the theater management about your situation? I'm sure they'd have understood and either refunded your money or given you coupons to a free movie at a later date.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I wouldn't have been bothered by someone quietly reading the subtitles to the person next to them. I think your friend handled that jerk in the best way possible.

Comment

Honestly DS it didn't occur to us. We were like "welp, lets make the best of it."

Comment

I'd have loved you narrating if you were doing voices
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I might have been doing voices, deeper for the guys and regular for the girl. I don't remember.

Comment

Holy shit PWNED. How did the asshole react to that?

Comment

He shut up and sat back down. He might have turned red, but it was dark.

Comment

Working...
                X