This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Canarr View Post
    Come again? Did he kill anyone? I didn't think armed robbery got THAT kind of punishment!
    Armed robbery? No. Not by itself. It's the fact that he contacted each of them *after* the robbery threatening to return. And tried preventing them from coming to court after he was arrested.

Courts really dislike it when defendants do that...
    Last edited by PepperElf; 06-26-2012, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Wait ... what??? You buy and sell hot items routinely????

Just kidding, I know you didn't mean it that way
      Yeah, I see what you mean. Yes, "hot" as in "popular" not stolen.

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
      Stuff like this makes me avoid CL like the plague. Did this type of thing go on as often in the "good ol' days" when all we had were newspaper classified ads? Or was it just not reported then?
      I used to sell stuff in the classifieds all the time. But it's expensive and CL is free.

Most of the stuff I sell isn't worth enough to make a robbery worthwhile, so I don't worry about it.

A car? Brand new electronics? Yeah, that's a different story.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth violiavampyr View Post
        I remember people still sometimes met at a neutral location. My dad would almost never go to a persons house to buy a car, they met somewhere. On occasion they came to us.
        For a car, a logical place would be the coffee shop across the street from the DMV. After all, you need to go to the DMV to register the sale.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
        X