This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth NoMoreRetail View Post
    When I worked in retail we also had to follow a 6 step process before would could apprehend anyone. Unfortunately they would always get us in the fitting room, the one place we couldn't watch them. During my last week as a store manager, the district manager was visiting my store. We had three girls get us in the fitting room. The fitting room attendant knew how many items had gone into the fitting room and none of them had come back out. Since it happened in the fitting room technically we couldn't do anything about it. I was so pissed off, that I went to my DM and said "this is one of the reasons why I am leaving this company! You want me to keep my shrink down and stop shoplifters and here I have 3 girls who I know stole stuff but because they did it behind a closed curtain we can't do a damn thing about it!" At the point my DM, who was upset that I was leaving the company, said "I am tired of it too!" She grabbed one of the management trainees and followed the girls out into the mall. Security joined in and the girls were cornered in the bathroom. My DM yelled through the doors that she was calling the police. They eventually dropped all of the stuff, some of it being shoved into the toilet and trash can and they were let go. Unfortunately most of the items had to be damaged out, about a 100 bucks worth of stuff, but at least we could write that stuff off. I really wish that we could have pressed charges but with the laws being what they are we wouldn't have stood a chance. At least those girls were scared shitless that day and maybe just maybe they learned a lesson...but I highly doubt it.

Did you ever watch the movie, "Evolution"? I would give anything to have a flying alien dinosaur terrorize the place and go after the shoplifters in particular.

One scene in that movie, in case y'all didn't see it, is where some alien flying dinosaur crashes into a busy shopping mall and causes instant panic by flying around in it. Some stupid teenage girl is stealing clothes by pulling them on over her present outfit, and when the alien is banging against the door, the girl starts cursing, "I said just a second...BITCH!" Voila! The door opens and that girl goes for a ride she'll never forget! When the bad guys take down the alien dinosaur, the girl says, "I'm so sorry, I promise I will never shoplift again!!!"
    That's a hell of a security guard, don't ya think?

Comment

Working...
    X