This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little frustrated here...

To preface, this is not the first time this has happened, nor the second. I've been a massage therapist at this job less than a month.

I try to get to work 15 minutes early every day (this means 8:45- my first massage could be at 9 or heck, at noon) as I never remember when my first client will arrive. I want to be sure to have my room clean ( I share it with a sloppy girl) and my table neatly made. More often than not, I am the first person to arrive. They haven't given me a key yet, so this means I sit outside the front door until someone else gets in. By the time that happens, there are usually customers waiting as well.

Including today. A gentleman was waiting in his car when I drove up. I started to chat with him, and he told me he had an appointment at 8:30 with the owner. Who is on vacation in Mexico. The only other person who does the service he was scheduled for is also on vacation. He is obviously upset, and I don't blame him. But there really is nothing I can do but take down his name so that (hopefully) we can make it up to him. *sigh*

You handled the situation really well. Hopefully you can talk to someone who can authorize a discount to make it up to the customer if he decides to come back. There was nothing else you could do if no one else was able to provide the services he was scheduled for. I used to do scheduling in a salon and day spa. I was not a manager but I had keys since I since I lived much closer to the salon than the owner or manager did. I also opened on Saturdays sometimes. I used to get to work early when I opened to make sure no one was stuck standing outside waiting. One time the alarm went off and the police called my boss while she was in the hospital. The manager was on vacation so I got a wake-up call from her boyfriend at 3am asking if I would mind meeting the police to make sure it was a false alarm. I went over there and everything was in order so I just secured the building again and called her boyfriend back to let him know everything was ok. My boss bought me some coffee when she came back to work and added an hour on to my paycheck to compensate for me being kicked out of bed at 3am.

Comment

Working...
    X