This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointless, stupid, pathetic theft

I am still trying to understand just why this happened. Last week, someone stole a flipping BIN LINER from one of the outside bins. The bins are emptied every other day, in the evening. Between the time we shut that evening that we did the bins, and opening time the next day, a very strange person walked to one of the bins, took the lid off, removed the bin liner and walked away. I mean, wtf? Has to rate as one of the weirdest thefts ever.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

I had half a bag of potting soil stolen off my porch once. I don't know how desperate you have to be to steal dirt, but someone was.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Maybe someone was anticipating a looooonng night of drinking and needed an extra-large barf bag?
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I do pet adoptions at PetCo. Someone stole the toilet brush from the restroom. The manager chained the new one to the toilet. Someone cut the chain and stole that one.

Some people are just nuts.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Maybe someone was anticipating a looooonng night of drinking and needed an extra-large barf bag?
          And/Or didn't want to stumble all the way home stark nekkid...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My housemate's grandfather used to get the milk stolen from his front doorstep when he used to get a milkman service. They even broke the lock of the keepsie box he set out for it.
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Quoth SongsOfDragons View Post
              My housemate's grandfather used to get the milk stolen from his front doorstep when he used to get a milkman service. They even broke the lock of the keepsie box he set out for it.
              Happens to all sorts of people!
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I am still trying to understand just why this happened. Last week, someone stole a flipping BIN LINER from one of the outside bins. The bins are emptied every other day, in the evening. Between the time we shut that evening that we did the bins, and opening time the next day, a very strange person walked to one of the bins, took the lid off, removed the bin liner and walked away. I mean, wtf? Has to rate as one of the weirdest thefts ever.
                On the bright side, at least nobody tossed some garbage (especially if it were messy garbage) in that bin after the liner was stolen - something a "tosser" would do. Sort of like one scene in the TV series "Tour of Duty", where someone had latrine duty (pull out the metal bin under a stall, burn off the (literal) crap, then put the bin back) - and someone used the stall while he was burning the contents of the bin.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X