This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outrage in the Lingerie Department!

I made a post recently about my sucky experience in my local Marks and Spencer's lingerie department, and how my subsequent visit to Ann Summers then rocked! I've been back twice since then, and each time Ann Summers has continued to be a great store, with helpful staff and good (although expensive) products. I've now bought 2 bras and matching knicks there, and my mum was even helped with buying a babydoll there too.

Well, this bad experience actually comes from my good friend, who I will call Dee. She told me about this outrageous experience in the nearby Debenham's lingerie department. I was suprised actually as I frequent their fragrance and beauty section and always found the service decent, but I'd certainly think twice about going there after this little incident....

Dee is a busty gal, unfortunately so. In fact, she's actually relatively quite slim, but she has to wear bigger sized clothes to accomodate her bust and no one gets to see what a marvellous hour-glass figure she has! (She has such a tiny waist underneath those clothes!) By no means is she a small girl, but she isn't actually as big as her boobs would lead you to think She has had a nightmare buying bras for years, and has been told multiple different sizes from multiple different brands and companies...you name a brand, she's tried them. M&S used to be the only place where she could get bras in her sizes, but she stopped buying there as they were snapping after a month's use and she was so embarrassed about having to constantly go back for refunds.

She is now wearing a 38HH. One of her pups is bigger than the other, a cup in difference apparently, so she goes down a cup size- she's more comfortable with one boob spilling a wee bit than one boob being a fried egg (same here personally, I'd rather be a teensy bit squashed than have room to spare, I haven't been able to replace all my 36Cs with Ds, so I'm putting up with it for now).

She bought a 38HH bra from Debenhams and it lasted 3 weeks. She was really quite annoyed, and took it back for a refund. The girl processing her refund was obviously new, a bit nervous and got flustered. Turns out a supervisor was needed to authorise the refund, and this poor girl kept ringing and ringing and just kept being ignored. Now Dee is a sweet-heart, has the patience of a saint, and also works retail, so she kept reassuring the new girl that it wasn't her fault etc, but after some time, she had to admit she was getting annoyed with waiting so long.

Then another colleague popped up and told the new girl that Sucky Supervisor wasn't going to come over, and to send Dee over to the other side of the store so Sucky Supervisor could authorise the refund at the desk there.

Annoyed but hiding it, Dee went to the other desk, where she had to join a whole new queue. Some cashiers were doing the ringing up, but Sucky Supervisor was just in the background, faffing about and doing nothing to help get the queue down. Eventually Dee gets to the front of the queue, goes through whats happened all over again. She explains she had the bra for 3 weeks and then it snapped, and she wanted a refund.

SS was listening in, and jumped in and said "I don't think she bought the right size, therefore its not faulty!"

She said that without even looking at Dee, and not even addressing Dee. Dee said that she had bought the right size.

SS said "I don't believe you. There's nothing wrong with our bras, and if you had bought the right size, it wouldn't have snapped, so I'm not giving you a refund."

Dee still remained calm even here. She told me she was very angry still, but as I said before, this lady has the patience of a saint. Keep in mind she's been messed about loads already, the product is faulty, this supervisor clearly thinks that its her role to delegate while she fart-arses around and not do her job, has been talking about her but not to her, and now she's basically calling Dee a liar...and underneath it all, without her specifically saying so, I think there's a bit of a dig about Dee's size. If it had been me, I would have basically felt that I had been called fat (don't know if you'd all agree with that, but I sure feel that way).

Instead, Dee calmly but firmly argues her case. She tells SS that she got measured on the day she bought the bra and brought the right size, thats it not her fault it snapped 3 weeks later.

To which SS then says that she won't give Dee a refund unless she can measure her first!

Seriously! She said she didn't believe Dee was wearing the right size and that she wasn't going to accept that unless Dee let her measure her right there!

Dee exploded! She felt humiliated! I would have to! She basically copped and told SS she absolutely was not going to let her measure her. They argued for a bit, before SS relented a little and offered Dee a credit note. Dee accepted it, but I would have demanded my actual REFUND- not a credit note!

I think this would have been one of the very few, rare situations where being angry at the supervisor was/would have been completely appropriate. And I tell you, as someone who works in retail, and absolutely does not believe in treating retail workers like crap, I would have ripped that bitch a new arsehole. Dee had her reciept and was entitled to a refund, instead she was basically called a fat liar by a lazy arrogant bitch who clearly doesn't know how to do her job properly.

I hate to say it, but I think customer service standards are seriously dropping... And to think, I almost got a job there a while back....

What if she had been returning it for someone else? That women was a bitch, pure and simple.

Comment

Wow, what a bitch.

On another note, you live in the UK, right? Has your friend tried pepperberry for shirts that fit? I haven't tried them myself 'cause I live in the US and am unwilling to pay the shipping to return anything that doesn't fit, but I've heard very good things.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I think a detailed letter to Corporate is in order here. That supervisor was way out of line.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          I think a detailed letter to Corporate is in order here. That supervisor was way out of line.
          totally agree with this. that was a horrible experience for your friend to go thru.
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            Has your friend tried pepperberry for shirts that fit?
            They're cut well, but the materials aren't always the best quality. Their bra selection on the otherhand (at bravissmo.com ) is excellent.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              They're cut well, but the materials aren't always the best quality. Their bra selection on the otherhand (at bravissmo.com ) is excellent.
              Yes, this. Bravissimo is fantastic, but I've found that I'd rather have a look online to see if there's anything interesting, then pop in one weekend if I've got other errands in the area to actually have a look at the material.

The jerseys aren't too bad, & I bought a lovely broderie anglaise shirt a couple of years back, but some of the lace trims can come off a bit cheap. If you're going for a strappy top with a built-in bra, go for one of the ones with a plain or satin trim.
              "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I agree with XCashier here 100%. I can't even come up with the words to start to say what's wrong with this. SS is damned lucky your friend didn't claim sexual harrassment.
                "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Wait, she was measured there before buying it? Then if it was "the wrong size"* it's still the store's fault. As for this measuring again, oh, HELL no! Definitely she needs to write corporate. I hope she remembers the bitch's name. That woman needs a serious wake-up call.

*I know it wasn't, but putting it like this makes the bitch's argument even more ridiculous.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X