This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I now work for an armed force...

...an armed force whose enemies are the forces of nature, and whose weapons are water, foam and the Jaws of Life.

Oh, and they do actually rescue kitties. ^^

It's only a temp job, but provisionally it's going on till December. Since my longest continuous role ever has been only six weeks, this seems like years I'm in the Training Support department, and that's about all I can figure since I only started today ^^ It's the end of 14 months of unemployment!
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

I am so glad the kitty was rescued! Poor little thing must have been so frightened...

Congrats on the job! And who knows, if things go well - temp jobs have been known to become permanent before
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Ooh very cool. My dad is a volunteer fire and rescue personal and my brother is training to do the same.
      Glad the kitty got rescued.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Congratulations! Just to be nosy, what are you training on?

Comment

Oh no, I'm not doing any training; I'm working in the Training Department, meaning we organise and work out stuff for the firefighters. Stuff like 'How to drive madly through busy traffic at eighty with sirens blaring and lights going'. And 'How to use XYZ kit'.

It's brilliant. And mad Excel skills are coming in very handy. I've built three database spreadsheets in as many days. I was really worried on Thursday because I'm replacing a lady who's gone on secondment, and I was very confuggled at her job and terrified I'd make a mistake - but my colleagues have reassured me that they all screw up and I'm not expected to do it without problem immediately. The lady who runs my local town's actual fire station told me I was doing great after I had an email banter with her over having to clarify something for the job with her ^^

Came in on Friday morning and the hot fire training building was, well, on fire O.o Slightly unnerving!
          "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
          X