This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local AT&T Manager

I just have to say how awesome Manager J at my local AT&T store is.

Back in January, I bricked my trusty Blackberry Bold 9700 trying to update the darn thing on my laptop. I have no idea how I did it, but it seemed it had given up the ghost after many years of service.

So. I went to the AT&T store on freaking NEW YEAR'S DAY and Manager J was working. She set me up with an Android based phone - a Samsung Captivate Glide because I was hesitant about losing my precious physical keyboard. That one lasted all of five months before I dropped it in the toilet (BEFORE I did any business, thank god. It was in my back pocket and I forgot about it.). Went to another store located close to the place where I was at the time and they had no answers for me, nor seemed to care about my predicament. I was totally honest about where the water damage came from, but they said if I wanted a new phone right then and there, it would have been the full retail price.

Luckily, I have insurance on my plan and filed a claim with a $125 deductible for a refurbished replacement phone. Finally got that one, reset all my apps, contacts, and such, and THEN the one night it was crucial I have the phone... it died at 4 in the morning. Just... died. The screen wouldn't turn on and kept freezing if I did a battery pull. I was at an all night event for a charity cause and was keeping track of my laps on my phone. Yeah, lost all my pictures of the event too. That sucked...

Back to Manager J I went! She tried to do a little tech support herself before calling the hotline. After assuring the tech on the phone that the device was perfect in every way and didn't look like it had any damage what-so-ever (how could it? It was six weeks old! Plus I was super careful about not dropping it.), she informed me that I would be sent another replacement because the one I had was still under warranty. Also, since I mentioned I was having problems not being able to keep the phone charged, she special ordered a new battery for me at no charge to be sent to my home.

I have since gotten the replacement of the replacement phone and the new battery and am a happy girl. Thank you, Manager J! YOU are the reason I decided to stay with AT&T for so long. NEVER LEAVE MY STORE!!!! <3
Working...
X