Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Person, Living: Neil Gaiman or Nathan Fillion.

Real Person, Dead: Ray Bradbury, James Oliver Curwood, or Albert Payson Terhune. But probably Ray.

Fictional Person: Ford Prefect. He's just such a fun drunk.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

I would like to add Stan Lee to my list of real living people I'd want to have a drink it.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

I would also like to add Ford Prefect as the FP - for the same reason! Love to get swazzled with him at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!

And to add to that - I wouldn't mind meeting Craig Charles as RLP - actor on both of Red Dward and Coronation Street. I know that I shouldn't take him for a pint or two, but he has quite a great background - both acting and otherwise!

Jester - are we allowed to add on/switch?

I wouldn't mind having a full bevy of all. I think some of them might get along...
        No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

Comment

Real/Living - Derek Jeter (A Rod knows how to party though)
          Real/Dead - The Founding Fathers. So I can ask them stuff and when people try to use "Well, the Found Fathers blah blah blah..." I can be like, "No, they in fact did NOT mean/want that."
          Fictional - Wedge Antilles
          "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
            I would also like to add Ford Prefect as the FP - for the same reason! Love to get swazzled with him at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!
            Real/Living: Stirling Moss. I'm sure the conversation about racing, over an Old Speckled Hen (or two) would be awesome.

Real/Dead: My grandfather, who died when I was 13. I never really got to know him, since he was always working.

Fictional; Zaphod Beeblebrox. Someone already mentioned Prefect, but what would be better than downing a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster...with the guy who created it? Getting the Ol' Janx Spirit and other items might be a bitch though...
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Real Person Living...Mel Brooks. But I'd probably drive him to stabbing me with a broken beer bottle by just repeating lines from his movies...."They're darker than us! Woof!"

Real Person Dead...No question, my maternal grandfather. Infantry company commander in the 45th and 3rd Infantry Divisions in WWII, and was the first CO of Audie Murphy, who was the most decorated US soldier out of WWII. My mom said he never talked much about the realities of war, but she thinks with my passion for history I would have stood the best chance of getting it out of him.

Non family members would have to be George Carlin or Sam Kinison, to hear them go off on stuff that has happened since their passings.

Fictional Person - I would have to go with Tyrion Lannister, but there are so DAMN many that I could go with.
              Last edited by EyeTeaGuy; 07-25-2012, 06:43 PM. Reason: Confusing "dead" with "fictional"...bad EyeTeaGuy! Bad!

Comment

Well done Jester :P

There are some awesome ideas from every one so far.

Real person living:
                I'm going to 3rd the votes for Sir Terry Pratchett. All of my chances to see him in person have fallen through so far.

Going out drinking with it would probably be Robert Downey Jr, he seems like he would be entertaining as hell to spend a night drinking with.

Real person deceased:
                I had a friend pass away on the 12th who none of us really got a chance to say good bye to...

Fictional Character?
                This will obviously change based on what I'm reading/watching atm. The Doctor sounds like a great choice, as does Callahan, however I think my pick would have to be from the Jhereg books:
                Morrolan, as he is just such a damn good character.
                Sethra, for having seen it all.
                Vlad him self, but only if it could be over a meal at Valabar's :P

Comment

Quoth TOLady View Post
                  Jester - are we allowed to add on/switch?
                  Why not? Obviously I have. I man, the original idea was just to pick one of each, but seriously, since none of us HAVE to do that, knock yourself out, explore your options.

The only rule in this game I really hold on to is that it can't be anyone from this forum. Period. The idea is to explore ideas outside of here, obviously.

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  Fictional - Wedge Antilles
                  Okay, I have to ask....WHY?!?

Quoth protege View Post
                  Fictional; Zaphod Beeblebrox. Someone already mentioned Prefect, but what would be better than downing a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster...with the guy who created it? Getting the Ol' Janx Spirit and other items might be a bitch though...
                  Okay, I admit, throwing down a few with ZB would be a blast. My problem is that I would probably end up punching him in the face(s).

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Okay, I admit, throwing down a few with ZB would be a blast. My problem is that I would probably end up punching him in the face(s).
                    It'd be a blast to listen to his adventures, but he comes off as rather shallow.

From that universe, I'd be more interested in Ford, Arthur, or Trillian, not necessarily in that order. She strikes me as someone who knows where her towel is.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X