This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation

Two more days of work before I start my much needed vacation. I am so looking forward to being able to relax and have some fun with Hubby, Little Bits and Z-Man (Little Bit's Boyfriend) We will get back and two weeks later move Little Bits onto campus to start college.

We are headed to TN and NC. Keep us in your thoughts while I am gone. I do not know if I will have access or not, but i will stay in touch with those who has my number.

Enjoy your vacation. I would say "I wonder why nobody really visits Ohio..." But I'd go elsewhere on my vacation too .
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I work in Ohio. I am in Ohio six days a week. I need to get away from Ohio and West Virginia for a little while

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
        Two more days of work before I start my much needed vacation. I am so looking forward to being able to relax and have some fun with Hubby, Little Bits and Z-Man (Little Bit's Boyfriend) We will get back and two weeks later move Little Bits onto campus to start college.

We are headed to TN and NC. Keep us in your thoughts while I am gone. I do not know if I will have access or not, but i will stay in touch with those who has my number.
        Where in NC are you headed?
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

We are going to Cherokee. First we are going to see friends in Pigeon Forge, TN before we cross the mountain to Cherokee

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            Enjoy your vacation. I would say "I wonder why nobody really visits Ohio..." But I'd go elsewhere on my vacation too .
            I go to Ohio for the Toledo Zoo and for Cedar Point. That's about it. Michigan isn't much better though. I'd love to get away from here sometime soon.

Comment

I live in freakin' Kentucky, and I actively avoid Ohio whenever I can.

(mostly because I am uncomfortable in large cities and I live just across from Cincinnati).
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Funny, Myt. You and me both.
                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Even though it's the 150th anniversary of the U.S. Civil War, a good place to avoid on vacation is Fort Sumter (first shots of the war fired here) - and everything else in the state. After all, the purpose of a vacation is SC avoidance.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                    We are going to Cherokee. First we are going to see friends in Pigeon Forge, TN before we cross the mountain to Cherokee
                    Both are freaking AWESOME. Enjoy it, seriously, I have lots of good memories of going to those places for vacation as a kid.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Even though it's the 150th anniversary of the U.S. Civil War, a good place to avoid on vacation is Fort Sumter (first shots of the war fired here) - and everything else in the state. After all, the purpose of a vacation is SC avoidance.
                    I SC wut you did thar.

Also, Fort Sumter is AMAAAAAZING. Used to hang out there all the time. I really miss living in Charleston.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Suitcase backed - Check
                      Suitcase in trunk of car - check
                      Med and misc bags packed - check

I am waiting on Little Bits to get her suitcase packed and loaded. Med bag and misc bag will both go in tomorrow morning along with the cooler with the cold drinks.

going to bed here in a few and getting up to leave at 4:00 am. We are planing on being on the road by 5:00 am.

Pigeon Forge, TN, here I come. We are going to be in Pigeon Forge from the 19th until the 25th. We are crossing to Cherokee on the 26th and staying there until the 28th. Let the fun begin.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        I actually took my summer vacation in 2006 to go to Ohio.

No, seriously! I am a huge football fan, and a huge Raiders fan, and when it was announced that John Madden was being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame the prior December, I immediately started making my plans to be in Canton that first weekend of August. Actually almost interfered with my getting a part-time job at the Waterfront Bar--when I interviewed with the owner, she pointed out that one of their biggest events was that weekend, and could I change my vacation plans? I explained to her that I was going to an event, and they were not going to be changing the dates. I got the job anyway.

AND I took an extra day to go to Cedar Point. Fun trip....other than getting my truck stuck in a ditch in Ashland, and having to call for a tow truck to pull me out.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X