Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guinness Man can suck it. (very very long. Language!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hee! Ass-hole convention. Awesome.

By the way, I have some BONUS SUCK!I had forgotten to mention this earlier, but for those of you who have waded through this thread, here's a little something extra.
    BG: The lounge is a very open space, right beside the main door and the front desk; it has a wall that is about feet high that goes around it but otherwise it's an open space and employees will often cut through it on their way from the kitchen to the front desk or the doors.End BG
    So, after Mr. Guinness barely avoids a barley enema, I go downstairs to get my things and walk back through the kitchen and cut through the lounge. The completely empty, pitch-black lounge. And this giant dick-smack who is gabbling away on a cell phone walks up to me, HOLDS HIS FINGER OUT to tell me to wait until he is done his conversation, and when I keep walking, says 'Just a minute" in this incredulous voice to whomever he is talking to on the phone and yells after me 'I need a BEER over here!"
    O.K. Seriously. I am wearing my jacket. I have my purse and car keys in my hand.
    Are you fucking kidding me????

Eat the meat buddy. I am off the clock.
    Last edited by I am the Lizard Queen!!; 07-19-2012, 07:37 PM.
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      As I understand it, the beer connoisseur's preference for the source of the beer goes:
      Draft > Bottle > Can
      For soda it goes (for me, anyway) Can > Bottle, and if I was an imbiber of frothy hops it would probably go can > bottle > draft, unless I longed for the social contact in which case can > draft > bottle.

This coming from a guy who has now sworn off soda pop while he still has teeth left, and who drinks iced tea in bottles.
      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Probably because they can stick the "widget" into the can before putting the top on, but there's no way they can stuff it down the neck of a bottle - the can will produce a "head" closer to that produced by the draft. Also, Guinness bottles are green. There's a reason brown is the standard colour for beer bottles - unlike green and clear, it blocks certain wavelengths of light that produce instant spoilage.
        I've had bottled Guinness with the widget in it. I can't remember where I picked it up now, but I never buy beer in cans so it had to be a bottle.

Comment

Quoth I am the Lizard Queen!! View Post
          Hee! Ass-hole convention. Awesome.

By the way, I have some BONUS SUCK!I had forgotten to mention this earlier, but for those of you who have waded through this thread, here's a little something extra.
          BG: The lounge is a very open space, right beside the main door and the front desk; it has a wall that is about feet high that goes around it but otherwise it's an open space and employees will often cut through it on their way from the kitchen to the front desk or the doors.End BG
          So, after Mr. Guinness barely avoids a barley enema, I go downstairs to get my things and walk back through the kitchen and cut through the lounge. The completely empty, pitch-black lounge. And this giant dick-smack who is gabbling away on a cell phone walks up to me, HOLDS HIS FINGER OUT to tell me to wait until he is done his conversation, and when I keep walking, says 'Just a minute" in this incredulous voice to whomever he is talking to on the phone and yells after me 'I need a BEER over here!"
          O.K. Seriously. I am wearing my jacket. I have my purse and car keys in my hand.
          Are you fucking kidding me????

Eat the meat buddy. I am off the clock.
          "Sir, f you, the horse you rode in on, and every head of cattle you own."
          I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Zoom View Post
            For soda it goes (for me, anyway) Can > Bottle
            Left off a couple

just above freezing almost crystallizing-into-ice-inside longneck glass bottle > "draft" where they set the mix too strong > can > plastic bottle > poured from a 2L bottle > normal "draft" > watered-down "draft"

A c-store down the street from the job I had 20 years back used to have the mix set strong enough so that the drink would give you a sugar buzz...And when the drink is MrPiBB, something that is stronger than some sodas to begin with, IT'S CORNHOLIO TIIIIME! -- The Way of Sub around here tends to set the mix strong, as well, tho not quite THAT strong.

A restaurant where I worked had a slightly defective (?) soda gun. If you pressed on the corner of a drink button juuuust right, you could get pure soda syrup out of it...I would do that to make double-strength dr peppers on long work days to keep me going ^_^ (a couple seconds (1/4") of syrup then the rest normal)
            Last edited by EricKei; 07-20-2012, 08:25 PM. Reason: blessed caffeine
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I've been where you were there Lizard Queen. Too bad your hotel doesn't have the policy of taking their credit cards for a tab. Can't walk out if you have their plastic!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                Actually, Guinness bottles are dark brown to black. Just saying. You're absolutely right on the widgets, though. Guinness is one of the only beers where the can is closer to the draft than the bottle is.
                Not a drinker - when I bought beer for a friend a while back, I recall seeing a picture of a green Guinness bottle on the wall at The Beer Store. It's my understanding that in Canuckistan, Guinness is brewed under license rather than being imported from the Auld Sod - that could explain the difference in bottle colour (since around here, green is the traditional colour for imported beers).
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Another possibility is that the green Guinness bottles were that color for St. Patrick's Day. Not saying they were or weren't, as I wasn't there, of course....just throwing out one additional possibility.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

That cellphone SC can take his phone, shove it up his ass and eat a dick.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      That cellphone SC can take his phone, shove it up his ass and eat a dick.
                      would have been funny to plaster a certain picture i have on my mobile, with a bag of *ahem* the aforementioned appendage, with several spilling out on the top, and the caption saying "go eat a bag of dicks!"
                      If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                        There's also an option 4: he is one of those people who are convinced that bars are all swindlers who water down their drinks. Can't water down a can! Genius! I've beaten the system!
                        Option 5: He's an asshole - pure and simple

Comment

Quoth I am the Lizard Queen!! View Post
                          I'm just so bitter you guys. I really didn't know people were such miserable ass-holes.
                          BTDT. My first several jobs were customer service. Every day, there was someone who was bound and determined to be a bully and an asshole, and to direct his/her venom at me. It was the late 1980s, this site (pretty much the Internet itself) did not exist then, my coworkers were brainwashed with "The Customer Is Always Right", my parents were too naïve to comprehend that there were so many jerks out there. I honestly believed I was doing something wrong.

Many years later, and many years on this site have taught me that Assholery is a world-wide phenomenom, that I am not alone and it is not my fault. Nor is it yours. The blame lies squarely with the SC, who is so miserable, self-centered and grotesquely stupid that he cannot be satisfied until he has made someone else as unhappy as he is, preferably someone who isn't allowed to fight back. This site is our way of fighting back.
                          Quoth Jester View Post
                          I have found that there are two solid, fast rules that you can absolutely count on.

1. There are always going to be people who are complete assholes.

2. You can never, ever, EVER take their shit personally.

Once you accept those two rules, the job gets much, much less stressful mentally and emotionally.
                          QFT. Seriously, words to live by. Print them out and post them where you can see them every day. Eventually, you will develop a thicker skin, be able to give customers the "you're an idiot" gaze while they bluster and bully, and send them on their way with a cheerful "See You Next Time!"
                          Last edited by XCashier; 07-22-2012, 06:44 PM.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Stories like this make me proud of the DragonCon crew.
                            The staff at the various hotels make more in that 4 day period than they do the rest of the year combined.

Comment

Working...
                            X