This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky out in force tonight

I knew tonight was going to suck when my day started off with having to convince an idiot cw that a Susan B. Anthony dollar was not worth the same as a quarter.

Lies, Misdirection, and Half Truths

Me: This is Pizzacommando, how can I help you?
    SC: Hi, this is Skank at Retard Street, I just had a delivery and it was half an hour late and the pizza is cold.
    Me: (looking up her order details) I appologize for the bad experience, but looking at your order, the pizza seems to have been delivered in the time quoted.
    SC: No, we were told an hour, and it took an hour and a half.
    Me: Ma'am, I am looking at the time you placed the order, and we were quoting an hour and a half at that point in time.
    SC: Well, I want my money back and if you won't give it too me I'll just contest the charge with my bank and we'll let corporate handle it.
    Me: (flipping the phone off with extreme prejudice) I will go ahead and handle it for you (corporate never backs us up, the policy is usually to fold like a lawn chair )
    SC: Blargle blargle blargle rant rant rant
    Me: (thinking, I've already said I'd refund your money, stfu already) I'm sorry about your experience ma'am, have a good night

Late Night Munchies Fail

Some fun responses from customers calling for delivery after our delivery is done for the night.

Me: Thank you for calling Pizza Place, will this be for dine in or take out?
    SC: FUCK YOU!! <click>

Me: Thank you for calling Pizza Place, will this be for dine in or take out?
    SC: (slurring drunkenly) Do you guys deliver to <city in next county over>?
    Me: No, we're nowhere near you and even if you were in <our city> our delivery is over for the evening.
    SC: I hate you guys <click>

These were just the memorable ones, not including the mass of people asking me to find some place that delivers late at night. I swear i never want to hear another phone ring again

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
    I knew tonight was going to suck when my day started off with having to convince an idiot cw that a Susan B. Anthony dollar was not worth the same as a quarter.

SC: Hi, this is Skank at Retard Street, I just had a delivery and it was half an hour late and the pizza is cold.
    Me: (looking up her order details) I appologize for the bad experience, but looking at your order, the pizza seems to have been delivered in the time quoted.
    Me: Ma'am, I am looking at the time you placed the order, and we were quoting an hour and a half at that point in time.
    SC: Well, I want my money back and if you won't give it too me I'll just contest the charge with my bank and we'll let corporate handle it.
    Me: (flipping the phone off with extreme prejudice) I will go ahead and handle it for you (corporate never backs us up, the policy is usually to fold like a lawn chair )
    Me: (thinking, I've already said I'd refund your money, stfu already) I'm sorry about your experience ma'am, have a good night

this one sounds EXACTLY like one I had about three years ago, except that the outcome was a little better

we were quoting 40 minute delivery time and I got a double. Dropped the first order and headed to the 2d (to a known serial stiffer) with plenty of time to spare.

NB - numbbrain is outside waiting for me.

NB - YOUR LATE YOU LATE
    me - OK???? <I look at the ticket, which has order taken time and order promised time on it> Well your order was taken at 10:00 and you were quoted a 40 minute delivery time and <I pull out muy cell phone and make a big show of looking at the time> and it is now 10:30 SOOOOO I am actually 10 minutes early. That will be $18.19 please.

<< POWNED BY RM >>

NB- <grumble grumble mumble mumble and hands me EXACT change>

I get back to the store and get more of the story. NB appearently started calling (note he called multipule times) 15 minutes AFTER he placed the order demanding to know where his order was. It was explained to him that he was quoted 40 minutes for delivery and it had only been 15 minutes but his order was out for delivery.

Cue more bitchin and complaining about having to wait an HOUR for delivery
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Oh yes, I've dealt with so many of those people they just fade into a grey faceless mob now.

Comment

I will go ahead and handle it for you
        So he gets what he wants and he's still ranting.

proof that some people don't really want anything they demand... and what they really want is a human punching bag.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
          Cue more bitchin and complaining about having to wait an HOUR for delivery
          CST. Customer Standard Time

Always hated SC's like that.

I've also had the ones who expect us to have phone numbers...If it's for another restaurant in OUR chain that's nearby...? Sure. But a number for the competition?! Are they nuts?!
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

But a number for the competition?! Are they nuts?!
            Short answer: Yes.

I've had advertising agencies ask me about other newspapers in the area! Sorry, asshole, I'm not doing your work for you.

As for pizza, my usual place always says "within the hour," and that's usually accurate. If it shows up in less than an hour, I'm all *happy dance* and I don't get bitchy if it takes a little longer. Their pizza is fantastic (especially the sausage & mushroom...yummmmmm) so it's worth the wait.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              Short answer: Yes.
              Long answer: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post

Was Skank at Retard Street a regular or a "one-shot"? It's unfortunate that you've got to deal with corporate at "Origami Pizza" (an independent would have it better, with no corporate to answer to), but if she contested the charge, wouldn't the bank have to look at both sides of the story (i.e. pizza delivered within time quoted) and reject the customer's claim? Also, why wouldn't any customer who contested (or even threatened to contest) a credit card charge have (at least) a "cash only" note put on their file, or (preferably) a "banned" note on their file?
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Even if you have proof that she got the delivery on time, corporate will STILL cave to this bitch?! I hope not.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    Even if you have proof that she got the delivery on time, corporate will STILL cave to this bitch?! I hope not.
                    That is SOP these days. there are very few chains (large and small) these days that will "risk" pissing off a bad customer or scammer no matter WHAT they want or demand

the best example I have of this is a thread I posted 3 months ago:
                    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=88581

AND yes the office did indeed refund ALL of his order total $55 for one missing order of breadsticks. all the guy had to do was post a bunch of shit on FB or Twitter or whereever and he got his way no real questions asked.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X