This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth paxillated View Post

I like Wunderground. Their USA radar map is here. Click on the area you're interested in.
    <<33 Weather Underground. You can even get storm tracks off the radar and identify rotating storms.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      Kinda off topic, but what's a niciose salad?
      Salad with egg, tuna, anchovies and olives. It is from Nice in France.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth Oniontears View Post
        Hilariously, I didn't know what this was either, and in my Googling I found this: http://blogs.smh.com.au/entertainmen...ntroversy.html

So basically, the customer was complaining about a salad EVERYONE has a different version of anyway! Too, too funny.
        I didn't actually know that everyone has a different version of the salad anyway! Makes the complaint even more pointless then.

Comment

The best answers I can give to any questions are summed up thusly: I work night shift in our nation's capital. I am one of only 3 photogs on shift to cover all the news. So if I am sent somewhere we like to know if there will be something to see.

I have chased enough weather in 23 years to know that looking at radar screens doesn't show the neighborhood that got a microburst. People who see stuff going on is the only really good way to know for sure something is happening.

With regards to home video and pictures that plays several ways. First, because everyone owns a camera many people get pictures / video of stuff happening or just happened. In the game of getting stuff on the air, viewer submissions is a good thing. Second, we like to encourage audience participation. It gets more people watching if they can join in the fun of putting stuff on the air. Finally it all goes back to the issue we have limited resources, so viewer submissions are great to help tell a story.

Seriously - good old asking questions - still the best way to get answers!
          "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            <<33 Weather Underground. You can even get storm tracks off the radar and identify rotating storms.
            And timely alerts if you have their iPhone app, as well as local NOAA weather feed that you can listen to.

Which I'm using now, as we have yet another evening where storms are popping up in our area.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Why not

Quoth 2gigch1 View Post
              It's really not that devillish. I work in a newsroom. It kinda goes like this:

"Hey there's reports of tornadoes down in xx town!"

<Google search for local business>

<Phone call to business>

"Hi, y'all seen some tornadoes? No? Okay, thanks."

"No tornadoes Bob! What else do you need me to check on?"

As crazy as it sounds, calling up people and asking questions is a good way to get answers.
              Why not Google up the local webcams and take a look?

Comment

Working...
              X