This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What... just... happened here?

I went to the local big orange box yesterday. I needed some sandbags or something to weigh down my cat's over 6 foot tall cat tree since he's lately taken to going up the side of the tree at speed and has almost caused the tree to topple a couple of times now. I wound up getting a 50 pound bag of small gravel, since I just really did NOT want to wrestle a 100 pound bag of sand into or back out of my vehicle.

I went to the self checkout, and one of the options on the checkout screen is 'large object'. I tapped it, and figured whoever they had attending the check out would step over and scan the bag with a hand scanner. Waited... the check out timed out and went back to start. I ask the cashier working the register right next to the self check about getting the bag of gravel scanned. The cashier had just completed one transaction and was about to start on his next customer in line.

Here it gets weird. I asked the cashier about getting the gravel scanned so I could check out and he scans it onto HIS register and runs the transaction! Buh... what just happened here? The people who were properly next in the cashier's line were at least as confused as I was, but the cashier simply pushed their cart back a couple of feet and continued on with my transaction.

The whole thing was kind of surreal. I hope the people I got bumped in front of weren't too upset by the incident.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Usually the SCO has a station with some poor soul who must press lots of buttons on a screen to handle the 5 or so SCO registers and their innumerable requests for ID check, scale difficulties and "Customer did not take the paper money change".

It is to this obscure and remote station that thou must needs quest, and ask its guardian to scan the object.

Except... at my store there IS no button marked "Large Object", so he would probably have to lift it himself and not use a hand scanner.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!!![/maniacal laughter]
    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Working...
    X