Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a pretty good thing they don't live in my town then, haha. We used to run a system where you'd go to specific buildings (my family always went to the library) and have to buy bright orange stickers to smack on your trash bags for the trash people to take away.

It's been changed to everyone's taxes have gone up a bit and now everyone gets their trash picked up. A lot of people prefer this method, as it means no more trip to the library/other building, but other people were pissed for various reason. (Like they have only one bag a week or something, now they have to pay more for the same service.)

Anyway, the point is that they'd be dumping their crap (spending gas and effort) when they're already paying to have their crap hauled away from their front lawn. Pretty sure people do that anyway, I just haven't caught them.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

There are some people in my complex that are that lazy. They put the trash bag on the trunk, get in the car, start the car, drive the few hundred feet to the dumpster (and I think they put the cooler on, too, window never goes down), get out, throw bag in dumpster, drive back, and park. In the same amount of time it's taken me to walk to the dumpster and back.
      WTF? Really? I walk my garbage out to the dumpster thanks very much. Walk to the mailbox too!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Only have ever put the bag on my car as I was leaving to go to work since I had to pass by the big dumpster.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          WTF? Really? I walk my garbage out to the dumpster thanks very much. Walk to the mailbox too!
          Many of my neighbors as well do the drive-up to the dumpster. We walk to the dumpster. Of course, our unit is right next to them. We walk to the mailboxes....maybe once a week. They're on the other side of the complex. We actually drive to them a lot, but only when we're coming/going on other business. I wouldn't ever make a dedicated car trip to the mailbox. I'm lazy, but not that lazy!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
          X