This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Lovin' It today

Stopped at a Golden Arches for lunch today while I was making hospice visits.

I got there about 1045, and asked the cashier if they were serving lunch yet. He said yes, even though the breakfast menus were still out. I ordered a 10 piece McNuggets; after checking he told me it would be five minutes to cook and would that be OK?

That will be fine, I said. I paid, he gave me my cup, and I went and sat down to wait and surfed the news on my phone in the mean time.

Another worker brought me my food (I'd lost track of time). I thanked her and went to eat.

It was good. It was really, really good. Must have been fresh oil, because the nuggets were cooked perfectly. Usually I've been disappointed and get dried out over cooked nuggets that have no flavor. But these were delicious.

Fries were good too.

Best part was when someone brought me a vanilla ice cream cone.

I didn't order this, I said.

We know, the gal says. We just thought you'd like it.

Thanks! I say.

It was good. Don't know why they gave it to me (should have asked). Maybe someone ordered one and changed their mind, or didn't like the way it came out. Or maybe they knew I was a nurse and thought they'd just do something nice. I mean, I always strive to be pleasant to the people I interact with, but I didn't think I'd said anything special to merit free food. In any case the gesture is appreciated.

I'm thinking about writing a nice letter to corporate about this particular location. Should I mention the ice cream? I don't want an employee to get into trouble for giving away food.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

It's possible that they gave the cone because you had what is considered a long wait for fast food, and accepted it gracefully. I've found an odd cookie or apple pie in my order on occasion for this reason. I don't think that I would mention it to corporate, though. They may have different ideas about showing appreciation to good customers.

Comment

Quoth Lyse View Post
      I don't think that I would mention it to corporate, though. They may have different ideas about showing appreciation to good customers.
      And yet would probably have no hesitation about bending over backwards to appease even the most sucky and entitled bad ones.
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

I used to work at those Golden Arches, and we'd often pop apple pies or other goodies (like extra nuggets or a large fry if they ordered a medium) into the meals of people who were patient and pleasant with us when we had to ask them to wait.

It's really a way to show that we really appreciated those people not attempting to rip our heads off for something we can't always control (who knew that having a group of twenty people would completely deplete a lot of our prepared food!)
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
        X