Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked in a store, those passed as credit cards. I never asked for balance at all.

As for buying gift cards with another one, it depends on the store. Best thing to do is ask.

Comment

One other thing I did was when I got my cell phone rebate, it was a VISA prepaid card, rather than a check. Which was annoying, but...I took it to my bank, who ran it as a cash advance, with no fee, and then deposited the $50 into my account. Not sure if all banks can/will do that, but mine did the one time.

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
        While on the topic of gift cards, I am hoping someone can answer this for me...

I recently got some gift cards from Bulls eye. The problem is that I don't shop at bulls eye and they don't have the items I need. I am assuming that Bulls eye is like big blue in that they sell prepaid gift cards for other places like Amazon. So the question is would I be able to use my bullseye gift card at bullseye to buy a prepaid Amazon gift card?
        I used to work at the Bullseye and from what I recall there weren't any restrictions on gift cards, they were as good as cash. I do remember ringing people through buying gift cards with a Bullseye gift card.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
          Rinse, lather, repeat, and finally the computer takes both gift cards. Then they finally leave.
          When are customers going to realize that we don't know the balance of their fucking gift cards if it comes from another place or a credit card company? Probably never, ladies and gentlemen, because they are customers after all.
          Sadly this one is going to keep happening because the customers understand that such a thing is possible (after all, you know it hasn't got enough). They just refuse to understand that possible != a feature the register has.

Sigh.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
            I used to work at the Bullseye and from what I recall there weren't any restrictions on gift cards, they were as good as cash. I do remember ringing people through buying gift cards with a Bullseye gift card.
            Yup, I used a Bullseye gift card to buy a Cracker Barrel one. (Not that I don't shop at Bullseye, but most of my dinners come from a microwave, so getting a couple of restaurant meals sounded more appealing.)

Comment

Binary progression?

Charge it for $8, then for $4, then for $2, then for $1. No matter which charges succeed or fail, you've taken all the value off the card (except for amounts less than a dollar).

Comment

I know alot of people get these cards from credit card companies in the form of gift cards. On my Master Card they mail out a simple check for the amount of cashback I have racked up to that point. Then I can spend the money any way I want to, and there's no guessing games.
                On my Visa they actually do gift cards and I've redeemed my points for them before, but that's because my favorite store to shop at is Best Buy and I'm almost always buying things from there. So when I got my gift cards, I spent them all at once.

Comment

That is frustrating. Equally frustrating with visa gift cards is if the customer comes in to do a return and the computer "sees" visa and does a credit back to the the gift card but the customer no longer has the gift card because it was empty so they threw it away.

Comment

Working...
                  X