Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh My God! Tram-AM-poline! TRAMPAMPOLINE!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
    My mother broke her tailbone skateboarding in the kitchen.
    So basically, you're saying she busted her ass.

/obligatory

On another note, my injury du jour today occured when I was wheelling a stack of patio chairs out to the salesfloor and managed to tip them all over right into my shin. That will leave a pretty bruise.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth wheeitsmee View Post
      My mother broke her tailbone skateboarding in the kitchen. Not only didn't she not ask for renumeration, she preferred not to explain how the injury actually happened.
      Ohhh no no no no. That is NOT a situation where you don't ask for details.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
        Ohhh no no no no. That is NOT a situation where you don't ask for details.
        Mom's explanation was that she wanted to try it but she didn't want to do it outside where people would see her - that would've made her feel foolish.

My brother was in the living room watching TV. He said he heard a sound like a roller coaster and then a huge crash. He ran to the kitchen, and there was my mom on the floor and the skateboard had taken out the dog's food bowls.

Comment

At the library my son was walking, looking in a different direction, and walked right into a shelf. (yes, I laughed, I'm a terrible mother).

Now I know I can try to sue the library because he is incapable of paying attention to where he is going!
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Questions about any my own injuries usually are answered with a "do you want the real story, or the interesting one?".

When my daughter was little, I just kept reminding myself that most likely, her skinned knees would finally be healed by the time she got married - and if not, hopefully she'd wear a traditional length gown to cover them at the wedding. Never considered any lawsuits, though.

I have to admit to one instance, though, that I probably should have gone back to the store, or the manufacturer. For her first birthday she got a cute little elephant on wheels to ride. Within days she had a huge bruise in the center of her forehead from going over the head of it and landing on the sidewalk. Neighborhood kids tended to share toys like that, and next thing you know, the next door's two year old has a matching bruise. After watching one more child go over the head, the thing went in the trash (when my daughter wasn't looking, and with a cover story). I should have contacted the store & manufacturer, as it was obviously off-balance in some way, as all the kids were falling in the same way, over the elephants head onto their foreheads. The thing should have been recalled.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
            X