X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction Area Idiocy

Alright, folks, pop quiz. Pencils out.

You're driving a semi, hauling an empty flatbed trailer. You come to the start of a construction area that takes a two lane (one lane each direction) road down to one. You end up stopped behind traffic, because, hey, when it's a one lane road, you have to wait sometimes. You want to turn right onto the road right at the start of the construction area. Do you:

A) Wait patiently for traffic to start moving, like a sane person who actually cares about the lives of yourself and others

OR

B) Pull AROUND stopped traffic in front of you, into the opposite lane, force a red car coming toward you onto the shoulder, go around the other stopped cars and make your turn, like a crazy, impatient person who just doesn't give a flying fuck

Pencils down. If you chose B, you're the idiot I was behind today. All I could do was sit there in shock as I watched it happen. I couldn't see because of traffic in front of myself, but I'm pretty sure the construction workers most likely gave him hell for it. I mean really...two other vehicles out of the four or so in front of us (one of which was also a semi) waited patiently and made their right hand turns onto the same road as he was turning onto just fine. Apparently, this fucktard was just too important and too impatient to wait, or to worry about things like killing other people. I told my dad (a trucker himself) and all he could do was shake his head. Some people, I swear!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

And since it was a flatbed you probably couldn't get the company name to report his stupid ass.

Comment

Unfortunately, no. All I know is, guys like him are what give other, smarter truckers a bad rep, and it makes me SO mad!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Considering fines are usually doubled in a construction zone, I wish someone could figure out who it was to report his idiotic ass. I'm thinking that if I were a construction flagger, I'd keep a camera/camera phone at the ready just for stupid incidents like that to get it on the record. ugh.

Comment

Working...
        X