X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would happily work for you but more importantly with you any day

Comment

And the racist "gentleman" wins the Genuine Stan Lee no-prize! now hit the turf and get out!
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
        I'm seriously blushing over here, folks! My basic approach to management is to be the sort of manager I'd love to work for, and I have a feeling that I'm succeeding
        Succeeding very well, it sounds like.

Comment

Way to go, you ROCK!! I wish I had had managers like you when I worked retail.
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Too many managers simply want the highest number of bodies in their place of business, hoping that gives highest number of sales, and therefore will not risk alienating any customer, no matter how bad they are.

But you've grasped the fact that sometimes it's better NOT to have a particular customer in the shop. Especially in a place where people want to sit down, eat a meal, and relax. Feeling comfortable is very important. Any customer who makes others feel uncomfortable will eventually lower your customer base, not raise it. People wont go back to a place they felt uncomfortable in, for whatever reason, and without repeat customers, you have to constantly find new customers - it's much easier to keep the ones you have rather than replace them on a constant basis.

So on a pure business management level, you did the right thing, IMO. And on an ethical, good karma level, you did an awesome thing, of course.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
              I'm seriously blushing over here, folks! My basic approach to management is to be the sort of manager I'd love to work for, and I have a feeling that I'm succeeding
              You are succeeding! Ignore the people in white coats who are trying to abduct you.... they are just taking you to the CS cloning facility.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Taurus52 View Post
                That was covered in chocolate win. I hope you comped a sandwich for the custy who backed you up. Gallantry should be rewarded
                This. Right here. With a side of awesomesauce and some of the 100 year old rum KiaKat's store carries

Comment

What Merriweather said.

If I had been a customer in that line, I would have felt very uncomfortable and might have left. It's great to read about somebody putting a creep like that in his place!

I bet that idiot never even lost a job to an immigrant. He's just a racist fool.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                  X