Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This was to good not to post. But it's pretty long.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was to good not to post. But it's pretty long.

This happened where I work, but I wasn't involved.

So at work we have a bunch of self scan lines. Marking each one is a big yellow sign with 2 vital pieces of information: 1-15 items, and no cash. Debit, credit and gift cards only.

The 15 item rule we can break. We won't turn some one away with a 16th item, for example. It's really at the operator's discression. The cash rule, however, can't be broken. There's just no physical way we can accept cash. Another, albeit unposted rule, is tha tyou can't multiply. If you have 10 of the same item, you have to either scan each one individually, or scan the same one 10 times. Again, we can, if we feel like it, intervene and do a multiplication if we feel like it.

So today a woman comes up to the self scan with a cart full of artificial flowers. There were about 4 different types all mixed up together. The guy working on the self scan tried to send her to a regular cashier, but she just kind of shooed him off saying"No, it's all right." (what ever that's supposed to mean.)

So unable to really get rid of her (and he tried,) she starts her transaction. First of all, he insists that she separate all the flowers by type, to make sure that the right number of each is scanned in. She does, and it takes quite a while. Once they were separated, he counted each of the piles, and did a multiplication for her, so she wouldn't have to scan each of them in individually.

Then she wanted to pay cash.

She'd already been enough trouble, but even if we wanted to, we can't bend on this one just to get rid of her. She was pissed off. Apparently, the attendant was supposed to now from the beginning that she was paying by cash, despite the fact that she said nothing about it, and wasn't holding cash at any point in the transaction.

She eventually paid on a credit card, but was miffed that she couldn't split the payment the way she wanted. (part cash, part credit.) She insisted on having the first transaction voided so she could start again. (Not really as bad as it sounds. Since we knew how many of each item she had, it would take about a minute to scan her stuff in again.)

So the manager comes down and reverses the transaction for her, but the customer doesn't like it. When a transaction is reversed, the word "correction" is used on the screen, and on the receipts that print out. Apparently, the customer didn't like that. So the manager has about 5 minute conversation to her that "correction" really does mean refund.

After the customer finally finished paying, she insisted on having a word with the manager about the "rude" employee at self scan. She ramble on for about 10 minutes (no, I'm not exagerating) about how he should have helped her separate her items, (deffinately not his job. He needs to watch all 4 machines, not spend his entire time helping 1 lazy customer) how he should have known she was paying cash (when he had no way to know) and how there were 3 other people working in the area at the same time, so he should have focused entirely on her (totally not true. There was 1 other person working there at the time. Me. And I as busy helping the other 3 customers at the time, and technically, I wasn't supposed to be.)

So yeah, she finally left.

The guy working on the self scan tried to send her to a regular cashier, but she just kind of shooed him off saying"No, it's all right." (what ever that's supposed to mean.)
    Wow, Im going to have to remember that one. Going through airport security? No, it's all right. It's meeeeeee! Waiting in line at the DMV? Nope, 'cause it's just meeeeee!!!! What does it feel like, I wonder, to be wrapped in a cloak of your own awesomeness in such a way?
    "Can't talk.

Comin' down."

Comment

Perhaps the SCs need to be forced to sign a waiver before using the self scan, stating that they recognize the "self" in self scan as meaning themselves, as in do-it-yourself.
      NOT "s" elf, as in special little elf that will come over for "special" customers such as themselves and scan for them and sprinkle them with pixie dust.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Did she think he was Mr. Spock & could mind-meld with her & instantly know that she wanted to pay with cash? It's a store, it's not a galaxy class starship with a Vulcan as science officer...lol.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
          Did she think he was Mr. Spock & could mind-meld with her & instantly know that she wanted to pay with cash? It's a store, it's not a galaxy class starship with a Vulcan as science officer...lol.
          Since humans get knocked the hell out when a Vulcan (or halfie) mind melds with them... man I wish. But she's not good enough to be touched by Mr. Spock (either of the actors, I do like them both.)
          My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
          It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            Not to be too picky but it was a Constitution class Starship.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
            X