Quoth KiaKat View Post
YOU don't cause problems.
so YOU think

Old 08-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Ninja Perv

Quote:
Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
so YOU think
Dammit, I walked right into that one, didn't I?

(also, soda up the nose hurts... Rule 1 again.)

Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth KiaKat View Post
YOU don't cause problems.
I think I'm hurt. Don't worry, I'll do better next time. I promise.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Resets/Revision Dragon

This is one of the many reasons I changed my job title/company on my Facebook to a generic title. Anyone that knows me well enough to know where I work isn't going to be a problem (I hope).

Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Urge to kill, rising...

I don't post where I work, ever. I normally just call it a generic name, like "the petrol station". And I don't put where I work on my facebook, either.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:16 AM
Where's my handbasket?

Even though I have some good stories from the last place I worked, I won't post them (also signed NDAs). I worked for one of the largest companys in the industry and posting bad things about them could make sure I NEVER work in it again. There are also people I know who read this site that would know who I am if I posted a most famous incident. While funny, not good if I want to get a job in that small town when when we move back. There are some I have posted with a generic "grocery store" though.

This is just something else to keep in mind. If you want to get into a small industry bad mouthing ANY employers that can be traced back to you is bad.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Cartridge in the Window

I've found that it is indeed wisest to avoid ID'ing whomever you work for currently by anything more specific than "pizza place" or "private firm".

A few years after leaving or being shown the door, sure, I'm willing to use a fake name like DaddyJim's Pizza...in that case, because I last worked there a *decade* ago. While I'm currently self-underemployed , I'm still not gonna give out the name of my business, and I'm even vague about describing what I do unless I am talking to a mod over a PM and I feel that it is significant.

Better safe than sorry, guys.

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
"I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain it to you any further." – anon
"The moment you trust a demon, they will stab you in the back. Of course, I'm no hypocrite. Anyone who trusts me will get knifed as well." – Klokinator, "The Cryopod to Hell"

Old 08-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Insert clever title here

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I've found that it is indeed wisest to avoid ID'ing whomever you work for currently by anything more specific than "pizza place" or "private firm".
Exactly. Identifying the type of business is safe enough; using the name (or even a parody of a name), not so much. Yes, it's funny to call your workplace VoldeMart, but the higher-ups might figure it out eventually; better to just say "department store".

Old 08-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Is not a mind reader

*bump* (already)

Please also be mindful that it's also inappropriate to ask about personal information or identities of people here or with regards to people on other sites that we reference here as well.

Thanks.

Last edited by Peppergirl; 08-14-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Elective

Quote:
Quoth XCashier View Post
Exactly. Identifying the type of business is safe enough; using the name (or even a parody of a name), not so much. Yes, it's funny to call your workplace VoldeMart, but the higher-ups might figure it out eventually; better to just say "department store".
Good point.

I originally called my store "Big box", not to be confused with Big Lots, but because in my mind "big box stores" refers to very large chain stores.

Not sure if anyone figured out where I work (aside from PMs) but this is also why I gave things like our software nicknames that had nothing to do with the company. Like "Reaver" and "Firefly".

Tho I'm no longer there so if any of you figured it out, that's OK.

My previous job was pretty obvious tho. (Squid!)
Closed Thread