This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple quick ones...

My friend Oyster Girl bartends at a couple of establishments on the island. Last week she had a woman very upset with her. WHY was this woman upset with her?

Because Oyster Girl would not allow this woman to give her three year old child a jello shot.

Yeah. Don't think I have to comment further on this one.

My coworker, being the helpful sort that she is, sent a mass text to myself and many other bartenders to alert us that ATF (Alcohol, Tobacoo, and Firearms) was in town...basically the text was to let everyone know to be careful about carding, as stings might be in play.

Me being the smartass that I am, I just couldn't resist firing back this reply: "I'll make sure to lock up my grenade launchers and close down my after hours bar at the junior high."

Coworker was not amused.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

A former coworker of mine would've responded, "Wait! I need one of those grenade launchers tonight!!" Thereby getting both of you put on various watch lists ...

Erm ... did Oyster Girl's customer understand there is liquor in a jello shot? Or did she just think it would be funny to see her three-year-old get sloshed?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post

Erm ... did Oyster Girl's customer understand there is liquor in a jello shot? Or did she just think it would be funny to see her three-year-old get sloshed?
      That's what I was wondering, could the woman have been clueless enough to not realize there was alchohol in a jello shot? I have to admit, not being part of the "young partying" crowd, nor much of a bar goer these past years, I understand they were quite popular everywhere before I ever heard of them. Though granted, upon hearing partying/college kids/bars in connection with something with "shot" in the name, I did pretty much immediately realize what they were

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

While I was not there, I have to assume that either the woman knew, or that Oyster Girl informed her. I will try to get exact details when next I see OG.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Me being the smartass that I am, I just couldn't resist firing back this reply: "I'll make sure to lock up my grenade launchers and close down my after hours bar at the junior high."
          Nicholas Cage: Let me guess, this isn't about the alcohol or the tobacco.

Comment

most likely she was clueless and thought it was just jello

or ... i wonder if it was related to the ATF issue?
            Coworker was not amused.
            That I can kinda understand. It might not happen but... legally they could access phone records / texts if there was a issue. And it's the ATF... I'm not sure how much of a sense of humor they have.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 08-09-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              most likely she was clueless and thought it was just jello
              surely OG tried to explain that to her SC....
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

yeah but knowing some SCs they're extremely resistant to things like logic and reality

Comment

Well, if the customer didn't know there's alcohol in jello shots and she was told there is...and she STILL got upset....she's an idiot.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Just got confirmation from Oyster Girl that the woman did indeed know that there was alcohol in the jello shots, but still wanted to give it to the kid. To quote her text exactly, "She told me it was ok cause there wasn't a lot, I told her she was wrong."

So yeah, clearly an idiot.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Obviously didn't give a damn that the bar, and your friend, could have gotten in trouble for knowingly serving alcohol to a minor.

What do you want to bet that Mom of the Year thought she'd come up with a perfect way to knock the kid out for a while so she could party hearty?
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Was out drinking with Oyster Girl yesterday, and got the full story. Apparently when OG went out on the porch of the bar, she saw the woman giving some of the jello shot to the kid, and told her that she couldn't do that. Then the woman came into the bar and asked for a spoon so she could get the last remnants of the shot for her toddler. Again, OG told her, "You can't DO that!" The woman basically told her, "It's not big deal, there's not that much booze in the shot." To which OG told her, yes, there is plenty of booze in a jello shot, and yes, it is a big deal, as OG could lose her job and/or get arrested, and the bar could lose their license, as such things are SERIOUSLY frowned upon under Florida law. The woman seemed to not really care, but shortly after this exchange, the woman's sister came into the bar and PROFUSELY apologized to OG for the woman's idiocy. I am guessing the sister was used to dealing with her idiotic sister, based upon the way OG told it.

At least, that is what I remember of the story from what OG told me, as she told me at one of several bars we frequented yesterday, and it was somewhere in the middle.

Still A Customer."

Comment

One of the schools I used to attend had a campus pub with a wet/dry liscense. So the school was really strict about drinkning on campus, because the bar could lose it's liscense if there was any underage drinking on campus. If there was an outdoor event on campus, they would set up a fence with all the people about 19 on one side, and all the people below 19 on the other. I tended to avoid outdoor campus events because I didn't like feeling like I was in a playpen. If you went to the bar underage, they just gave you a bracelet.

Speaking of Jell-o shots. My friends once made too much jell-o. They didn't have enough ice trays, shot glasses, and liners for all the jell-o. So they put a bunch of it in a bowl. I ended up eating the whole bowl, on top of having some shots. I was very very tipsy when it was all over. haven't eaten Jello since...
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X