This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Mishi View Post
    Because everything here tries to kill you unless it's very sick.
    Yep even the trees. Split eucalyptus will drop branches on your head whenever they can. Always dodging one on a forest walk.

Funniest animal I've seen lately is *plastered possums. Did ya know when possums get drunk they do amazing acrobatics on powerlines before they attempt a really stupid long range jump and faceplant on the lawn . They must have had really bad hangovers, it took about 4 days for them to resume their night catawauling.

I'm glad it looks like little catherine may make it back to the wild and thanks for standing up to that woman. She should know better than that.

*The possums broke into a neigbours shed who was a home brewer and drunk a good deal of his meads.

Comment

speaking of "exotic animals", a friend of mine from New Zealand, came to visit me here in the states.

We're having dinner at my parents place...and he points outside to a tree and asks what that animal was? I look outside and don't see anything unusual until I see the squirell sitting in our pecan tree eating....

so I laugh everytime i see a squirell now...but mine around my home LOVE me....even leave me gifts of cracked open walnuts...

because ever fall when my walnut tree drops its nuts, I pile them up against an old garage on the property thats mostly sheltered. EVery fall i make an almost foot tall pile of nuts, but late spring to mid summer, the pile is almost gone and I have fat happy animals.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
        Have you ever watched a sheep baaaa? After living with sheep literally outside our front door for 4 years, it's a family joke to baaa as they do - as you say baaa, you have to stick out your tongue
        Wouldn't that make it "Blaaaah"?

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Same reason as for why, when I drive by cows, I have to go "moo".
        That's called "Bovilexia".

Comment

Working...
        X