Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me thinks that it's time for a "brother sets sister straight" kind of talk. People like her are the reason some retail workers aren't the best at customer service, and also why prices get raised due to all the shrink.
    Your brain may not know what it is. Your brain may never figure out what it is. However, your heart knows, your heart always knows. --- Master Horkin from Brothers in Arms by Margaret Weis

Comment

Quoth manybellsdown View Post
      People who do not return their shopping carts are the lowest form of life.
      Incorrect. There are far worse than that. But agreed, they are inconsiderate scum.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
        My sister is pretty much the opposite. When she shops at my store, she'll take out items and leave them on the wrong shelves of each department, justifying her excuse by saying, "But I'm providing JOB SECURITY for the employees!" As a cart-pusher myself, I'm furious to see her leave her shopping cart in some empty parking space or another stupid place instead of putting it in the cart corral. I'll be off-duty at the time, but will always correct her mistake even though she says, "Let the other cart-pushers get it!" OTHER cart-pushers? Those guys are fellow coworkers!
        ugh....are you sure you didn't just describe my sister? That is EXACTLY how she is, all the way to the "job security" bit. I've never understood that logic. My response to her is "No! If you want to provide job security shop here ALOT and raise sales. More sales = more hours. Now all you're doing is being a jerk and making a mess."
        Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

In my store, I've been picking up a lot of misplaced stuff that just seems to be deliberate. Chip bags opened on the bottom seam and put back in such a way that you'd never know it was open until picking it up, produce and meat lined up perfectly on a pasta shelf (and the pasta on said shelf was stashed in with the milk...wtf), meat placed just-so in the freezer, etc.

I did find a Stonehenge of sort made from baskets and bottles of juice last night. That was at least amusing (part of me was tempted--only for a minute--to add to the structure) and easy to tidy up.
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

One annoying occurence is the mysterious person who keeps ripping the caps off the UHT milks and leaving them at toddler height and the person who makes sculptures out of the shampoo bottles on the overstock top shelf and when they come tumbling down from 2+meters they shatter everywhere.

Even the shoppers are on the lookout for the culprits after someone got boinked by a stray conditioner and a pack of nappies from a hidden nappy tower in the baby isle. Whoever it is is good, nobody sees him and it's done at busy times too. Latest consensous is he's a ghost from the museum next door.

He's really good at concealing what he's done too. Lids are back on the UHT's looking like normal and the 'sculptures' are usually hidden by a structual support and nearly invisible. Stupid pranksters.

Comment

Quoth Zaiida View Post
              Latest consensous is he's a ghost from the museum next door.

You never know. We had a haunted toy store one place I lived. I actually worked there for less than a week (I quit for reasons concerning management, nothing to do with the ghost, which I saw no trace of ).

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that my store has to have a ghost, it's just not possible to explain some of the crap that's been going on.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                  I've come to the conclusion that my store has to have a ghost, it's just not possible to explain some of the crap that's been going on.
                  When we lived in the UK, tales of haunted shops were commonplace. Of course, over there, the shops are pretty much all in the town centres, and the town centres go back hundreds of years, including the shops themselves, so not so very surprising, really.

The town we live in now, in the US, actually does still have a bustling town centre itself, and while not the age of those in the UK, most buildings do go back to pioneer days, I'm sure I've heard stories of one or two here.

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Ledomar View Post
                    Me thinks that it's time for a "brother sets sister straight" kind of talk. People like her are the reason some retail workers aren't the best at customer service, and also why prices get raised due to all the shrink.
                    I'm all for that talk, but seeing as I'm the "younger" brother even at the age of 27, she won't take the talk too seriously. Especially since she works at a job that isn't customer related. She works at the kind of job where she and the coworkers can surf the internet and giggle about the funniest Youtube videos are in between assignments. She doesn't have customers coming into her work and shrieking, "HEY!!! How about some SERVICE??? I'm NEVER shopping here again!"

The only way she could ever understand is if she worked Retail as well, but she thinks she's too "good" for that. But she also hopes to try and use me in the hopes of getting my 10 percent discount on her shopping trips. Needless to say, I'm too embarrassed to take her to my work in person. I wouldn't want her to talk down to a cashier and treat them like shit, and then having to justify to that same coworker the next day about how stupid my sister likes to act around us "minimum wage losers."

I've read all your comments on here and appreciate the posts! Yes, it's good to know that a little Retail experience is enough to have me become the most HUMANE customer everywhere I go.
                    When I vacationed in Denver, I tipped a very friendly waitress $20 for a lunch that cost $32. Needless to say, I REALLY made her year! Plus, she deserved that $20 for the service she gave me.

Comment

I had a friend like your sister. We're no longer friends because I ended that toxic "friendship". He would definitely bitch about the cheese sticks even if they weren't charged. He'd act like there was nothing else to eat and there'd be sandwiches, fries, snacks and other stuff. His catchphrase was "it's cool", but everyone who knew him well enough knew he wasn't cool. Just because the cheese sticks were forgotten he'd make a stink of it. From everything you said, she's absolutely an SC, EW and considerably ungrateful. That ex-friend was extremely ungrateful too. He had a way of trying to hide it but it'd eventually rear it's ugly head. Next time don't share with her if she's going to complain like that.
                      Last edited by Willis; 09-25-2012, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
                        Needless to say, I'm too embarrassed to take her to my work in person. I wouldn't want her to talk down to a cashier and treat them like shit, and then having to justify to that same coworker the next day about how stupid my sister likes to act around us "minimum wage losers."

Tell her exactly this.

Comment

Working...
                        X