This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not All That Bad This Time

Well it finally happened, the ladies room sign that promises that our bathroom is clean finally was ripped off the wall. It joins the ranks of other things that have been ripped off the wall. Like the toilet paper dispensers and the feminine napkin boxes. Difference is: We never found the sign. Oh well. I guess I don't have to promise that the bathroom is clean...

Speaking of the bathroom it is now my fault (and she was very disappointed with me) that people can't pee INTO the toilet. I should apparently be making sure that everyone pees INTO the toilet so she doesn't have to use the other stall because there's pee everywhere. There is a simple solution to any bathroom issue--tell me. Because I don't have a third eye that let's me see when there's something wrong. What did you do? Oh you told the Deli people...who can't do a damn thing about it. This tells me that you didn't actually want the problem fixed, you just wanted to bitch about it. Congrats, you did it.

This SC just was itching for something to yell about and I shot her down every time.

SC: THERE ARE NO SMALL CUPS.
    Me: *slides in a sleeve of small cups right as she's saying that*
    SC: Oh...WELL THERE ARE NO LIDS.
    Me: *hands her a lid.*
    SC: ...huh. Everyone has a function here then I guess.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. It IS kinda my job. What are you, my inspector?

The UPS guy kept talking to my male CW as if he were in charge when he came in with a bunch of packages. CW was both busy and not the person in charge. I was free and I'm also the one who takes care of stuff like that. The UPS guy acted seriously sexist and I was very put out by it. I was standing right in front of him with my hands out in front of the office for the thing to sign and he asked me if I wanted my CW to sign it. I was like, "No....I'll sign it..."

A storm blows in...

SC: I'd like two lottery tickets.
    CW: Our machine is offline due to the storm.
    SC: ......so you won't print me tickets?
    CW: ....I can't print you tickets.
    SC: *huff*

SC: Why aren't you outside doing trash?
    Me: ...have you...looked outside? I'll go when it isn't raining. Which will be in about ten minutes.

Your 6 year old is with you and...

CW: I can only give you 100 dollars back from these lottery winners.
    SC: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

I'm standing next to you. I have just opened up a plastic bag into a trashcan that quite obviously goes into the cupboard right next to you. The trashcan to which that hole in the counter leads. The trashcan that is mysteriously absent from under there. You see me. You see the open cupboard. You see that the trashcan goes into the cupboard and thus the hole must lead to the trashcan which is not there at the moment.

And you put your garbage in that hole anyway. Minus one hundred points from you house for complete and utter obliviousness.

CLOSED.

SC: *walks up to obviously closed register* HELLOOOOOOO?!
    Me: *turns around from stocking cigarettes, sees CW without a customer trying to wave her over* HI. *turns back around.*
    SC: *blinks then walks over to CW*

Is this coffee fresh? Well let's just see here shall we? Technically the coffee is still in the range of good. But fresh? Well that depends on your idea of what fresh is. If you mean hot then yes. If you mean I just made it two seconds ago then no. I'm sorry we can't be making coffee all the time, I'll take full responsibility for the fact that your prissy face can't handle coffee that's ten minutes old.

You're angry because I carded everyone in your party when you wanted to buy cigars. You kept asking me "I can't get them because SHE doesn't have her ID? THIS IS RIDICULOUS. THIS IS STUPID." Well sir, my response to you was "That's the rules." But it should have been, "Have you ever been in a liquor store? You know what they do when you're in a group? They card all of you. Same basic principle." I think I'm going to use that line next time someone bitches as hardcore as you did.

Initiative.

SC: Looks like your vacuum lost suction.
    Me: The carpet's good enough.
    SC: No I think you'll have to get out a broom and sweep that stuff up.
    Me: ...I'm not paid enough to sweep the carpets. That's stupid.
    SC: *apparently offended by my response to his demand (it was not a suggestion)* It's CALLED initiative.
    Me: If they want to see my initiative they can watch the tapes. They give me a raise--I'll sweep the carpet.
    SC: It's how you GET the raise.
    Me: They don't pass out raises for shit they can get for cheap.

That seemed to shut him up. There wasn't even anything to sweep up. He was just being a dillhole.

I can't believe people are telling you when to pick up trash and that you need to sweep, why can't they just make their purchase and get the hell out?!
    "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
      EXACTLY! That's how my current employer does things. Why on Earth would they pay you more money if they can have you do everything for practically minimum wage?

I got an assignment once that said I had to use the electric sweeper to clean the floors. The sweeper was apparently broken, so someone said, "Just use a broom." HELL NO. I am not using a broom to clean the carpets. They can wait until we vacuum at night.

Comment

Employees only pay more for employees who do more if

A. employee does enough to warrant getting rid of a second employee, thereby saving them money
        AND
        B. they're afraid employee doing two jobs for the pay of one will leave and go work somewhere else.

And in todays economy, while many employees expect the work of 2 people from one employee, they aren't all that afraid of people leaving no matter how good they are, cause jobs are too hard to come by these days.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          Is this coffee fresh? Well let's just see here shall we? Technically the coffee is still in the range of good. But fresh? Well that depends on your idea of what fresh is. If you mean hot then yes. If you mean I just made it two seconds ago then no. I'm sorry we can't be making coffee all the time, I'll take full responsibility for the fact that your prissy face can't handle coffee that's ten minutes old.
          If you ask me, 10 minute old coffee qualifies as fresh. I might not be as picky, though, but I can handle 30-minute old coffee even if it's dark enough.
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
            If you ask me, 10 minute old coffee qualifies as fresh. I might not be as picky, though, but I can handle 30-minute old coffee even if it's dark enough.
            Heck, I make a half-pot at home first thing in the morning, and drink it for the next two hours (that's how long the warmer will stay on). I don't get up and make more should I want a second cup an hour after the first.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

CLOSED.

SC: *walks up to obviously closed register* HELLOOOOOOO?!
              Me: *turns around from stocking cigarettes, sees CW without a customer trying to wave her over* HI. *turns back around.*
              SC: *blinks then walks over to CW*
              Love it.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                This SC just was itching for something to yell about and I shot her down every time.

Me: *slides in a sleeve of small cups right as she's saying that*
                SC: Oh...WELL THERE ARE NO LIDS.
                Me: *hands her a lid.*
                Ooh! I had one like that once. Customer came into the store and said screamed about how they could not find any 20 gb hard drives in my store. (yes this is from a while ago)

I smiled and reached into the glass case he was standing over and pulled out a Western Digital 20gb drive and placed it in front of him.

He then bitched about how he could not find a heat sink for a Pentium 4. Pulled that out of the same case still smiling.

Hollered about how we don't have any ATX power supplies - Pulled it out of the same case. Smile never wavered.

Kvetched loudly about how we're the only computer store that doesn't sell cased - Leaned to the left slightly and placed my arm on the cases that were on top of the display case. Added an innocent expression to the smile.

Bellowed about how we were worthless for not having IDE Cables - Blindly reached back to the wall behind the case and pulled out one and placed it onto the pile of other components he was looking for all the while grinning inanely.

Then he lamented about how ours was the shittiest service he's ever had and then left the store without his components all the while waxing poetic about how he's never coming back to this store ever again.

As soon as the door closed I laughed my ass off.
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                  Ooh! I had one like that once. Customer came into the store and said screamed about how they could not find any 20 gb hard drives in my store. (yes this is from a while ago)

I smiled and reached into the glass case he was standing over and pulled out a Western Digital 20gb drive and placed it in front of him.

He then bitched about how he could not find a heat sink for a Pentium 4. Pulled that out of the same case still smiling.

Hollered about how we don't have any ATX power supplies - Pulled it out of the same case. Smile never wavered.

Kvetched loudly about how we're the only computer store that doesn't sell cased - Leaned to the left slightly and placed my arm on the cases that were on top of the display case. Added an innocent expression to the smile.

Bellowed about how we were worthless for not having IDE Cables - Blindly reached back to the wall behind the case and pulled out one and placed it onto the pile of other components he was looking for all the while grinning inanely.

Then he lamented about how ours was the shittiest service he's ever had and then left the store without his components all the while waxing poetic about how he's never coming back to this store ever again.

As soon as the door closed I laughed my ass off.
                  Well gee, of course he complained, you're a horrible store - you should have had each and every item he wanted there waiting for him, in a nice little pile with his name on it - and at a big discount for the inconvenience of actually having to come into the store rather than having it beamed to him.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                    Yes ma'am; contrary to popular belief, even minimum wage has to be earned.
                    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                      [B]

Initiative.

SC: Looks like your vacuum lost suction.
                      Me: The carpet's good enough.
                      SC: No I think you'll have to get out a broom and sweep that stuff up.
                      Me: ...I'm not paid enough to sweep the carpets. That's stupid.
                      SC: *apparently offended by my response to his demand (it was not a suggestion)* It's CALLED initiative.
                      Me: If they want to see my initiative they can watch the tapes. They give me a raise--I'll sweep the carpet.

That seemed to shut him up. There wasn't even anything to sweep up. He was just being a dillhole.
                      I had something similar happen to me too! I was in the office area cuz they have the only soda machine and this customer complained to me about the bathroom. He got really mad when I mentioned I work in backshop and the janitors were a different company.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
                        Me: Well, yes...except for you, Ma'am. You're just taking up space and sucking up valuable air. We pay for that air conditioning, you know...
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post

So this SC is very rude, but it reminds me of a convience store near my house. Last summer they were constantly out of Large cups. Never had them, I had to ask for one every single time I was there, only to be told they had none. But the staff was usually cool enough to just let me have 2 medium for the price of a large. However, this summer the few times I went there not only did they not have large, nor did they offer me 2 mediums for the price of a large (Honestly i wasn't really expecting they would, it was nice when it happened but I didn't think it was policy), they wouldn't talk to me about it.
                          Me= Why don't you have any large cups?
                          Convience store person= I dunno.
                          Me= I really like getting large but you never seem to have them. Last year I...
                          CSP= I wasn't hear last year.
                          Me= Okay. It's just that last year they didn't have large either. I'm just wondering why.
                          CSP= I wasn't here last year.
                          Me=Um...would it be possible for you to as...
                          CSP= I don't know.

Honestly I just wanted to know if they could check with their manager or something. But I couldn't get the that part of the conversation. There was no one else in the store at the time, so it's not like they needed to rush me out. I know that other convience stores under that brand have large. If it's because they don't sell any large I would have bought more! Multiple ones daily. But no one gave me a response, so I stopped going. All together. The lack of large annoyed me to the point that I worried I would go SC. And I don't want to be one of THEM!

Quoth Gaki View Post
                          I worked for a not-for-profit where that was a huge problem. The Canadian goverment provided them with grants so that they could hire students for the summer, but they still relied heavily on volunteers. So the people who would volunteer once a month, or for a week would do AMAZING work above and beyond the call of duty. Mostly because they were doing it purely for love of the society. I, on the other hand, was doing it because it was my job and I needed to be paid to afford school in the fall. Also, the volunteers got to do the fun stuff like sew new curtains for the buildings, and build stuff. I had to mop floors, clean bathrooms, etc. My boss was much more impressed with tangible results, so I got a lot of flack.
                          Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                          Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X