Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently someone loved her enough to ahem, have a child with her.
    Love isn't necessary to have a child with someone. Just carelessness.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
      Crepes with chocolate Hazelnut spread, bananas, and a little whipped cream with bacon on the side.
      While this story made me incredibly sad, I did think it worth mentioning that I made myself french toast stuffed with chocolate hazelnut spread and bananas this morning. Completely divine and the recipe, if anyone wants it, is here:
      http://tastefullyjulie.com/stuffed-f...a-and-bananas/
      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
        I made myself french toast stuffed with chocolate hazelnut spread and bananas this morning. Completely divine and the recipe, if anyone wants it, is here:
        http://tastefullyjulie.com/stuffed-f...a-and-bananas/
        Sound good... I recall seeing and trying the nutella/banana/crepe dish at IHOP. Yes it was quite good--way too filling for a 5 y.o., so I can understand the teenager sharing that plate with a side of bacon or sausage.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Geez, what's the problem with sharing a meal? Hubby and I share meals all the time. The size of some restaurant meals is enormous, even for an adult. I refuse to overeat and feel miserable just because it's there, but I think it's morally wrong to just waste food when you can help it. When out and about in town, we take home half our dinner more often than not, especially at some restaurants - makes a nice lunch the next day. When traveling, with no way to store or heat up leftovers, we usually share a meal. Why waste when you can help it? Sure it saves us money, so maybe we're cheap, but it isn't just the money. A few years ago we had a total splurge out vacation, six days at WDW in Florida, stayed at one of the onsite hotels, had a ball. And we shared meals the whole time - that way we never got overly full (a definite plus if you're going to go on rides) and had room to try a lof of different snacks we wouldn't otherwise. We ate a less at a time, a little more often, and got to try more new things than if we'd had huge meals each. And saved money and didn't have food thrown out at every meal. We even went from resort to resort in the evening, sharing drinks - that way we got to try a lot more types of fun drinks, too, without getting too awfully far beyond tipsy

Sharing with a five year old when they want something not on the kids menu makes perfect sense to me - it isn't uncommon for us to do it with our granddaughter now, who's 10 (and eats like a bird).

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            Geez, what's the problem with sharing a meal?
            Honestly I don't know. I actually have a "cute" habit that instead of picking off my dinner companions plates to try their food, I shuffle food from my plate to theirs. This is partly because people picking off my plates drives me batty, but also because I know I won't be able to finish my food and I don't want it to go to waste. So far i have manged not to do it on dates.... So far.
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

*wipes tear*
              I think that girl in the IHOP story was mature beyond her years, and I think the little one was brilliant and very brave for calling Mom on her ridiculous behaviour.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                While this story made me incredibly sad, I did think it worth mentioning that I made myself french toast stuffed with chocolate hazelnut spread and bananas this morning.
                I think this post inspired many of us. I made mine with pancakes this morning.

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                  Wow. Sorry that teen girl had to grow up early and be the adult there, but I can definitely see why Mom only gets them for one weekend a month.
                  And after this, I'm wondering if Mommy will get them even that often. The daughter, at least, sounds very mature and as if she would come across very well in telling the necessary people what going out with Mommy is like.

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  Geez, what's the problem with sharing a meal? *snip*
                  Because Mommy has lots of money! LOTS OF MONEY, DO YOU HEAR??? And she wants the whole world to know it!

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  *wipes tear*
                  I think that girl in the IHOP story was mature beyond her years, and I think the little one was brilliant and very brave for calling Mom on her ridiculous behaviour.
                  Forgot to mention the little one; yep, very brave to give Mommy a much-needed and public calling-out over her atrocious behaviour. It's pretty bad when the oldest person at the table has the lousiest behaviour.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                    . It's pretty bad when the oldest person at the table has the lousiest behaviour.
                    I have just been thinking. The little boy was like 3 or 5, but the girl seemed to be 15 or 16. Why the hell would the father stay that long?! oooo, maybe that little boy was a "save the marriage baby"?
                    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                      You don't make mistakes with my CHILD!
                      You did by having her. And now she has to suffer through life with you as her mother. That sounds like one huge mistake to me. You should be ashamed, putting your CHILD through that kind of utter bullshit.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

She just sat there. She was very young, probably only about four years old. But there was practically no reaction from her.
                        Wow. I wish my 4 year old granddaughter had the ability to not react if something like that ever actually happened.
                        If the waiter came and put a plate in front of her and then took it away, she would be the one making a fuss and wanting her food. LOL
                        And if the adult started going ballistic about it, she would be feeding off that and going nuts right along with them.

That child does sound very mature in the face of the mother's unbelievable behaviour.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Manager: And there it is!
                          SC: What?
                          That made the posting for me...

Comment

Your manager ROCKS!!! As for the bratty woman, she needs a FREAKING reality check. The Earth revolves around the sun...NOT her child! I'm sure her kid didn't suffer any ill effects from the ten seconds it took for you to get the proper kids meal.

"You made a mistake involving my child!"

This woman made a mistake as well. Screeching like an SC and throwing a temper tantrum like a 2-year old when her kid was probably not even noticing WHY this was happening. I'm not a fan of kids, seeing as they scream and trash the store I work at, but it's a truly pathetic sight to see a kid on their best behavior while the PARENT is throwing a hissy fit! So the parent made a mistake involving their kid by setting the WRONG example on how to act in public!

Comment

I've been reading a lot of your stories and I wish you were my co worker and your manager was mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X