This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They tried to break my brain!

I think a customer at work today tried to break my brain. I was ringing this family's purchases through and they were arguing amongst themselves in a language I didn't recognize. After a minute, this happens...

Mother: *holds up a can of tuna* Is this tuna or fish?
    Me: *blank stare as brain blue-screens and reboots from dumb overload* Uhm... Tuna *is* fish?
    Mother: Oh, okay. *argument ends*

I somehow managed not to start laughing until they left the store. I had no idea I had that much willpower...

I think it's because so many people call tuna the "chicken of the sea". That doesn't always translate the best.

Comment

And so many people refer to tuna as "tuna fish." You never hear people talk about "salmon fish" or "mackerel fish." Maybe seeing just "tuna" on the label confused them.
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Was it Jessica Simpson?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
          And so many people refer to tuna as "tuna fish." You never hear people talk about "salmon fish" or "mackerel fish."
          Or "catfish fish".

Which is sort of the point, really. It was originally spelled "tunafish".
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Here and *I* thought it was to differentiate the fish from the cactus fruit.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!! I have no will power.

Comment

Working...
              X