This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I seriously do that?

I seem to be having several 'Duh' moments the past couple weeks.

Story 1: This past Saturday, there was an Enter the Haggis concert in Denver. Naturally, I absolutely *had* to go. However, when I was packing stuff the Friday morning before, I could not find the USB cable for my phone. Mine is only slightly more distinct than my dad's because, over the little green dot on it, I went over it with a pink highlighter to mark it as mine.

I'd been missing said cable (and the wall plugin that goes with it) since our last trip, and it was seriously bothering me that I had no idea where it was. I saw another one of said cable/plugin combos plugged into one of the sockets in the kitchen and, thinking that it was my dad's, decided 'Hell with it. I'll just borrow this from Dad and we can share it'. So I unplug it, happen to turn it over...and I see a layer of pink over the green dot. The entire month-or-so that I'd been looking for it, it was *right* there.

Story 2: Yesterday (August 8) was my birthday. My dad got me a new keyboard/mouse combo. I installed it today, the first process of which was to unplug the USB that controlled my old keyboard/mouse combo.

At the same time that I was installing my new toys, though, I was chatting on AIM. So I unplugged the keyboard...and promptly start trying to type. And, honest and for true, it took me a good couple seconds to figure out why nothing was happening. It was one of those moments where I literally said out loud, despite being the only one home besides my cat, "Oh. Duh."
    Last edited by firecat88; 08-10-2012, 03:39 AM.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Happy Belated Birthday

Comment

Happy Birthday, fellow Leo! Mine was on the 6th.
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Thankies!
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Was your head with you all day today?

[/Cos]
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

And lol, I know the feeling.

My BF gave me a look one day when he saw me running around looking for my glasses... that I'd tucked into the collar of my shirt.

Comment

Working...
            X