This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn-only lane means nothing!

So, two quick ones. One was just dumb, the other one almost made me crash into him! Both these cars looked almost exactly the same; they were the same type of car and same color, but the logo on one had a tint to it. Otherwise, I may have wondered if they were the same driver!

The lemming

We're going down the road, which has little pull-outs for the bus stops. A bus enters traffic, and the driver ahead of me slows down and lets them in like a good, attentive, law-abiding driver should. As the bus starts to pull into the next pull-out, though, the driver starts following the bus. He eventually realizes that the bus is merely stopping, and that he can drive around. You could tell he was in total "follow-the-leader" mode and not paying attention. I laughed at him.

The intersection maniac

So, let me set the scene here. There is a long, two-lanes-in-each-direction road that terminates in an intersection. At this intersection, a lane breaks off to the left. That lane is a straight/left turn lane. The middle lane is a straight/right turn lane, and the right-most is a right-turn-only lane.

I am beside the idjit in the middle lane signalling to turn right, and idjit is in the right-most lane, and there is a car ahead of each of us. The light goes green. Car ahead of idjit goes right, car ahead of me goes straight. I'm keeping an eye on idjit, since some people tend to ignore/not notice the second right turn lane and cut over as they turn. It was a good thing I did, because idjit proceeds to cut straight across the intersection!

I was able to slow down to avoid a collision. I saw idjit hit his brakes as he suddenly found himself behind the car that had been ahead of me, probably wondering how it had gotten into his lane from mine.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X