This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess this could happen...

My friends house got flooded over the weekend due to the rain we had (3 feet deep in places blocks from my house, deeper in other parts of the county).

Thankfully their landlord has flood insurance, and my friends didn't loose to much, yard flooded, and came 4-6 inches into the house.

My friend is a civil war renactor, and has some REALLY nice stuff for his fights, including a pair of leather mid calf boots....

well they were on the ground in his bedroom and got wet , but we though we got them semi dried and out of the wet floor...

Apperently not, since while we were packing the house up, I found mold growing on them...white fuzzy mold like you see on bread thats gone bad or something...

Didn't know mold could grow like that on leather?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Yes, leather will get moldy. I've had the dubious pleasure of cleaning out several costume storages over the years. We never bothered with cleaning regular old shoes, though. Expensive reenactor boots, on the other hand...

Here's a couple links that seem knowledgeable. The second one is more involved.

http://vintageclothing.about.com/od/...ather_mold.htm

http://www.leathertherapy.com/pages/...nd-Mildew.html

Unless, of course, he wants to be really crazy accurate in his reenacting.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Thank you, I've given him the links to those and he'll look over them to see what he can do.

Poste haste!
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Unless, of course, he wants to be really crazy accurate in his reenacting.
        Yes, I wish to be accurate, because, hey! It cost me nearly a thousand dollars to get into the hobby, so why NOT be as accurate as possible?

Comment

Working...
        X