This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What days off???

So, due to Other MOD being on vacay, I've been going three weeks without a day off. Today is finally the last day of that stretch, and I start my (one week) vacation tomorrow!

Anyways, my coworkers know I haven't been getting days off. I have been burned out and visibly worn down (it hasn't been the easiest three weeks, unfortunately). They are well aware of it (and for the most part have been helping me out tremendously...they've been awesome, and are probably the only reason I still have a bit of sanity left).

Today, I hit the gym really hard before work (I've been so burned out and stressed and fatigued, that I've been missing quite a few days lately ). I got a bit ambitious and pushed it a bit too far on the squats, apparently. Sitting and standing were okay, but transitioning between the two made ouchies.

So, CWs notice me wincing as I'm standing and sitting, and I tell them what happened.

CW1: "That's why that's something you should do on your days off."
    Me: *throws out arms in exasperation* "What days off?!?! WHAT DAYS OFF DO YOU THINK I'VE HAD?"
    CW1: "That's right, sorry. I realized it right after I said it!"
    CW2:
    Me:

Yeah, it's hard to do things on your days off when you don't have any....
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I don't think a jury would've convicted you
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

3 weeks without a day off? Once, I mentioned casually to my assistant manager that my new schedule had me working for 9 days without a day off. She said immediately, "Wow! Thanks for telling me! I'll go have that changed as soon as possible!"

I told her I wasn't really thinking it was a bad thing. So I have to work for nine days. Big deal. I'm obviously high in demand. I told her all this, and she said, "It's BECAUSE you're in such high demand these days that I can't let you work for 9 days straight and burn you out. Store policy says you can't work for more than a week without a day off. Thanks for letting me know, though."

The next day, my schedule had me working only 2 or 3 days at a time with days off in between. I can't imagine hearing of someone go for 3 weeks! Enjoy your vacation!

Comment

One of my coworkers worked on his route so many weeks in a row I was kicked from the scanner the next time I was able to give him a day off. It takes 4 months of non-use for a name to be erased from the scanner... Only Sunday's off for 4 months...Blech

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Only Sunday's off for 4 months...Blech
          This has been me for about the past year with weeks off and on not having a day off between the two jobs. I actually had a similar incident as the OP with my BF bugging me about calling about a bill. I actually had to pull out the calendar to show him the last day I didn't work between 8-6.
          Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I'm too lazy to go through and find the post where I mentioned at the beginning I was getting it. It was due to other MOD's vacation plus a variety of other weird circumstances.

Though for the paper route, I haven't had a day off in over three years...since it's, you know, a daily paper....money's still worth it, though!
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Enjoy being able to work such long hours while you can. When I was your age, (shaking my cane)... Actually, the thing I hate the most about getting older is the loss of physical stamina. About 17 years ago, I was working 4 jobs, and between them, didn't have a day off in 3 years. I banked enough money to pay cash for an almost brand new truck, and put a sizable down payment on my property and home out in the country--only because I didn't have any time off to spend anything!

I just wish I had that stamina now...
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
              X