This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay Attention!

I am so sick of drivers who are not paying attention or being safe.

Hubby called me today to tell me he will be delayed. He witnessed a terrible accident in which a young woman had to be life-flighted to the hospital. Someone ran a stop sign at full speed (approx 45 MPH assuming he wasn't speeding - unlikely) and hit the front end of her car. The worst part was that he was the only vehicle to stop and offer help and make a statement. Several other cars blew right past the screaming woman.

Later, I was rear ended at a merge point. The excuse given to me by the other driver was that he did not see my brake lights. OK, you also didn't see the large silver colored obstruction in your path?

Quoth qwerty View Post
    I am so sick of drivers who are not paying attention or being safe.

Hubby called me today to tell me he will be delayed. He witnessed a terrible accident in which a young woman had to be life-flighted to the hospital. Someone ran a stop sign at full speed (approx 45 MPH assuming he wasn't speeding - unlikely) and hit the front end of her car. The worst part was that he was the only vehicle to stop and offer help and make a statement. Several other cars blew right past the screaming woman.

Later, I was rear ended at a merge point. The excuse given to me by the other driver was that he did not see my brake lights. OK, you also didn't see the large silver colored obstruction in your path?
    Hope the woman is ok in the end, and you have a great hubby, for stopping to help.

I was rear-ended a few years ago, car totaled. We lived on a fairly well traveled two lane road, I was sitting, in daylight, clear day, with my left turn signal on waiting for a break in traffic so I can turn into my own driveway. Lady comes speeding up the hill, talking on her cell phone, fails to see the bright green object totally blocking her path, with blinkers & lights, and rams into me. Getting up enough speed to total another car while going uphill is quite a trick, and to do so while on your cell?

People just don't seem to pay attention when driving anymore, even when not on cells. I love (but don't have one yet) the new cars that will stop if there's an object in your path when you back up. But I'm also afraid people will stop even bothering to look when backing up, and instead just trust the car to take care of it - a recipe for disaster, sooner or later.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
      Hope the woman is ok in the end, and you have a great hubby, for stopping to help.

I was rear-ended a few years ago, car totaled. We lived on a fairly well traveled two lane road, I was sitting, in daylight, clear day, with my left turn signal on waiting for a break in traffic so I can turn into my own driveway. Lady comes speeding up the hill, talking on her cell phone, fails to see the bright green object totally blocking her path, with blinkers & lights, and rams into me. Getting up enough speed to total another car while going uphill is quite a trick, and to do so while on your cell?

People just don't seem to pay attention when driving anymore, even when not on cells. I love (but don't have one yet) the new cars that will stop if there's an object in your path when you back up. But I'm also afraid people will stop even bothering to look when backing up, and instead just trust the car to take care of it - a recipe for disaster, sooner or later.
      Scarily enough there's evidence that you are right. The Munich taxi cab experiment put abs on half a cab fleet and the crashbrate ended up the same - the drivers appear to havebacclimated to the abs and simply done riskier things.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
      X