This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery?

So the battery light on the front edge of my laptop is pink. Screen says it's at 98% available power, balanced, not charging.

So if it's not charging, why is it pink? I tried Googling this question but not getting anything useful.

Think my battery's about to give out? Things have been running OK but the battery's probably a year or so old.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Have you tried checking the website of the manufacturer? This may give full details of what this colour indicates. Must admit, I've never seen a pink light on any computer before. If no luck there, post the details of the make & model number of laptop on here, or perhaps a forum dedicated to computers. You might get a better result there.

Comment

What color was it when the battery was good previously?

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        What color was it when the battery was good previously?
        Blue.

I did a power reset. It's still pink. Red? It looks pink to me. I just found my receipt from the battery purchase. It's two years old. Time for a new one, I think.

Comment

what brand is the laptop

Comment

It probably is at 98% of current capacity.... with current capacity= almost nothing.
            There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Best thing you can try is do a hard reset of the battery ,
              Turn off machine
              Unplug
              remove battery
              Count to 60 real slow
              assemble the unit
              boot up
              remove the power and let it run the battery dry until machine dies (so make sure it does not go to sleep or anything )
              re attach power and let it fully charge the battery
              That should give you some more mileage out of it
              Also if you only use your laptop with the power attached it might be beneficial to remove the battery whilst doing that, it saves on wear and tear.

Comment

I did a hard reset the other day, didn't seem to make any difference. The last 2 nights I've been unplugging the laptop overnight (easier than removing the battery). Today the battery light went pink when I plugged in and turned it on, then at some point turned back to its normal blue.

Whatev. I ordered a new battery anyway since this one is two years old. And Corwin, thanks, I wasn't sure if it's a good idea to remove the battery while the thing is plugged in.

Comment

So the battery light on the front edge of my laptop is pink. Screen says it's at 98% available power, balanced, not charging.
                  It could be the battery. But it could also be the charging circuit.

Most likely it's not the power adapter if the battery isn't draining. If it was the adapter then the computer would run off the battery only and then run it dry.

If it's something in the charging circuit then you could potentially have a battery that's good, but never gets tapped. Does it run on battery alone? That might help pinpoint things.

And if it does run on battery only, how long? That can also determine how good your battery is. My old mac started giving up the battery ghost quickly

Comment

It only runs about 2 hrs on battery alone. Last time I used it that way, it only lasted about an hour and a half.

My laptop is four years old. That might have something to do with it.

Got the new battery today.

Comment

Working...
                    X