This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking For Help

I came across this article today, and it doesn't tell you how to do it. It does tell you not to forget you need to on occasion. It's hard to remember this advice, but I'm going to try to. I hope you do, too.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/asking-fo...ng-pain-alone/

Very good advice. A lot easier to do when you have a Significant Other or nearby family to ask.

Two other pieces:
    Accept help. Sometime your doing the other person a favor by doing so as much as they are helping you.

Offer to help. Practice random acts of kindness. Pay it forward. What goes around, comes around. *How many more clichés can I add to this? *

For those of you who live alone, think about who you would ask for help if something should happen to you.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm actually practicing this one this weekend.

I can drive a 14 foot truck 175 miles, but I can't load it. I can't unload it.

My friends, bless them, are doing that for me.

It's a humbling experience, but it's also oddly freeing. I don't have to be invincible; I can be loved . . .

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
        It's a humbling experience, but it's also oddly freeing. I don't have to be invincible; I can be loved . . .
        I hear ya.

Having had the heart trouble earlier this year, I am still not sure what I can get away with doing. I have asked friends on several occasions to come over and "baby sit" me while I do work (The Wife works most Saturdays). You don't have to do anything except call 911 if I keel over.

Good luck with the move!
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
        X