This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Card

This has happened multiple times across several stores.
    The first time it happened I was working at a Rob-May (my first real retail job) and a woman tried to pay with her Macy's card. She honestly thought she was in Macys even though that mall had no macys (at the time) If you remember for the longest time both Macy's and May Co stores had a gold card (funnily Macy's bought the May Co a few years later). A couple years later, in 2004 IIRC, Macy's switched to the tiered card system (Red, Silver, Black). By that time I think May Co switched to that ugly green card that didn't have a mag strip (it only had a bar code).
    Today it's Macy's and JCP cards that get mixed up. They both have tiered system (Red, Silver, Black based on how much you spend.) in the area I'm in it happens at least once a shift. People generally good natured about it since it's kind of a "d'oh!" moment.
    Customer: why isnt my card working??
    Me: let me see the card (looks at card) Because you're not in Macy's.
    Customer: D'oh!
    customers friends and family: HaHa!

We get that a lot with the supermarket cards too - they use almost the exact same colour as one of the big banks. At least people do tend to be good about it instead of blaming us for once.

Comment

In the UK there's a chemist chain that has pale pink cards, almost the same pink as my drivers license. You get some very funny looks when you mix those 2 up!
      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

I have people trying to pay for tickets using store points cards...
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I've had people try and swipe their driver's licenses in the CC reader before. I hand their IDs back right before they pay for the room, and sometimes the license just kinda stays in their hand.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Lowes cards and MAS!'s cards are the same. Get alot of members mixing those up

Comment

Same color.sigh

Comment

Working...
              X