This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    Lol 80's to 90's? Not hot at all. Fans are really the best to use, imho. You face them pointing out of the house during the day when it's hot, then turn them around and face them INTO the house at night when the air is cooler outside.

I actually hate air conditioning, it makes me sick.
    My preferred temperature is about 80 in summer, so I usually don't run the AC until late July.

This year, of course, was an exception when we had 100+ degree temps (106 heat index) and near 100% humidity in June . . . so of course the AC broke down and hasn't worked since.

I bought an indoor AC, vented it outdoors, but only run it a couple of hours a day. Fans do enough to keep me comfortable for the most part, and it's cool enough at night that I usually don't need them.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth MournBlade View Post
      it also adds humidity.
      Please don't break my brain. The poor thing has been through a lot lately.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

mmmmmm....humidty.
        When you live in the desert it sounds like a lovely thing.

And really, a swamp cooler adds something like, what? 5%, 10%? When it's bone dry outside it does feel good.

But when it's 90 and the humidity is 90% that's...well...that's just crazy wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X