Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych-O's: The Breakfast of EVERYONE!!!

Today in <warehouse store>, we were busy. I mean really busy. I personally sold over $3000 in merchandise. From open to close, we were packed. People were everywhere, wanting TV's.
    And desktops.
    And laptops.
    And printers.
    And sound bars.
    Etc.
    Anyway, in addition to people being everywhere, most were downright rude. I ask if they need help, as is necessary and they would look pointed at me and walk off. Others would just scream "TABLE!!!" like I'm a vending machine that out merchandise. Most of those got upset when I directed them out of my department. As I can't leave my section, I could only give instructions where to find it or call another worker to meet them.

I even had two customers get into an argument in my section. That was fun. I was worried I'd need to get a manager involved (the surly one was on a forklift and the other was in the back trying to help direct inventory). Thankfully, the argument ended and I didn't see either combatant again.

I also had to set up three displays of TV's today so most of this was going on when the parts were all over the damn aisle because I was told it would be "quick and easy." That would have been true except every five seconds, I got another customer screeching about 70" TVs or the 50 gallon drum of pickles or something.

Oh, and I was the only representative in my department for most of the day. Glee.

By the end of the day, I was singing "Days like these are made for Kavorkian..." to the tune of the old Taster's Choice jingle to a coworker. He didn't get it.

*Sigh*
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Ahem.

#How bleak is the wo~rld
    But I have Kavorkian sca~rf.
    'Round my neck. [/Pilz-ee]
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      (the surly one was on a forklift and the other was in the back trying to help direct inventory).
      So that's where it is!
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
        So that's where it is!
        Somebody should let that farmer know, so he can unload the truck next time.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
          Ahem.

#How bleak is the wo~rld
          Nurse? Nurse! No more visitors!
          Fujoshi and Proud

Comment

Hehe, it's been forever since I watched Ill Will Press

I honestly think the company I'm with fuels the whole "you have more in the back" mentality. We keep stock in the rafters and some we hold in receiving in the back of the store. It gets annoying when I tell people that we don't have something and they immediately bring up an anecdote about how they proved one of us wrong before.

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
              ... We keep stock in the rafters...
              Like a local store? "Two pharmacy employees were injured Monday after a suspended ceiling fell on them."

They were storing stuff up there.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

"Rafters" is the wrong word. More like giant shelves. Some get as high as the rafters, though.

I really, REALLY hope those employees get a fat check AND medical expenses paid. That's insane.

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                  Ahem.

#How bleak is the wo~rld
                  I love you for this. It's always a pleasure to find another of Foamy's fans minions! Pilz-ee always makes me laugh, too! (ETA: I missed panda and Nurian's posts! More Foamy minions! Yay! Haha!)

As for the OP...gods, I hate it when you get assigned to do something, and can't do it because customers keep interrupting. It's one of the most annoying things ever! I feel your pain. Really, I do!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                  X