Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make chainmaille and semi-precious stone jewelry. When I go to craft fairs with my SIL and she sees something she likes she says to me in front of the seller, not quietly I might add, "You can make that." It's embarassing as all get out. Maybe I can and maybe I can't but please stop saying that.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

I'm always keeping an eye out for designs that I can use for my own work (not copy outright, just use some of the techniques/materials), but I never let on that's why I'm looking. Sometimes when I try to teach myself new techniques I 'need' a finished version to compare it to (that way if I make a mistake I can see if it's an oops that has to be redone or that I like as a variation).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

My mother and aunt do beadwork, and have about a dozen original designs they use for holiday jewelry and decoration items.

They've had people come up to the booth and actually start to sketch out one of the designs.

I mean, really, if you're going to steal someone's design, at least have the least bit of decency and just buy the item. >_<

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X