Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to see your boobs! Plus other fun tales (squicky)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ShinyGreenApple View Post
    Ugh, that's not the first time I've heard of roach-infested game consoles/electronics. How can people afford to get this pricey stuff yet NOT afford a few cans of Hot Shot and some baits/traps?
    One place I lived was a townhouse - shared a wall with a neighbour. No matter how much we tried to keep our place clear of bugs, it didn't stay that way....

ETA: For us it's the Tramadol addicts who give us problems about not being able to pick up. We have one nitwit who would call EVERY day and ask for Rajeesh by name to ask him if she could have her Tramadol filled yet. It got to be a bad morning joke routine.
    Wait a minute: Tramadol ADDICTS?

I was told it was a low-addiction/no addiction synthetic opiate. Hard or impossible to get the tolerance-thingy to.

Yes, I'd hate to be without it - but that's because I'd be in pain, not from the lack of the Tramadol itself.

Okay. That's it. I'm definitely asking my doctor to research Lyrica and Neurontin. Between Serotonin Syndrome and this apparent possibility of addiction....
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Cloth shopping bags -- they're cloth, you can wash them in the laundry! Unless your store sells the horrible plastic-coated nylon ones. I hate those. We had a few of them and they've disintegrated because the dirt won't come out. You wash them and they just look worse.

Comment

Oh dear gods, bugs in electronics... *shudder* It's sad when a technician would come in from his route with his TOOL BAG in a thick plastic bag, grab a couple of foggers from the break room, one to toss into the bag and the other into the van with the electronics in it.

I can understand the occasional wasp nest in a tractor, (hell, we'd have to fumigate for scorpions that came in on the ones that came from the Dallas warehouse for us to assemble!) and the occasional spider in the big screen projection TVs.. but we'd have stereos with thick layers of dead, fried roaches!

Appliances in people's houses... *shudders* I felt bad for some of our techs, because those houses were bad enough the roaches would greet you at the door and offer to take your tool bag. Or their stove would be filled with live mice and rats. Gee, folks, you think that might be the reason it's either not working OR making a funny smell when it does?
        If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Cashiers up front have had similar experiences with the cloth shopping bags that most stores have now. They open them up to put the customer's groceries in, and roaches or spiders come swarming out Then the SCs get pissy that the cashier refuses to use anymore of their bags from home or even touch them.
          You would never have that problem with mine. If a cockroach has even so much as walked across something, I throw it out....because I can't set it on fire. Such is life when you have a phobia.

Quoth XCashier View Post
          At least the mother apologized and helped clean up. Kudos to her for that. It's the ones who bring in lice/roach/etc.-infested items and are insulted when you cringe from their stuff that baffle the hell out of me. What, you're proud of all your six-legged dependents?!
          Or the ones that hand over their Rx that they've had their hands all over and then start talking to their friend about the fungus they have on their hands.

ETA: For us it's the Tramadol addicts who give us problems about not being able to pick up. We have one nitwit who would call EVERY day and ask for Rajeesh by name to ask him if she could have her Tramadol filled yet. It got to be a bad morning joke routine.

R: "No, you cannot get that for two weeks! I told you this yesterday."
          Aren't they fun? We had one that was talking to me on the phone one evening, going on and on about the bitch she had been talking to the night before (because I refused to give her advice that I, as a CPhT, could not legally giver her)....not realizing that was me, too.
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            As for the orange dirt.... that's probably not dirt but ash. My ex was a smoker, and the sticky orange ash got into everything and coated it with a foul-smelling coat of crap and dust.
            That would be tar, not ash. I've got pictures from a computer fan choked with pet hair/dander, dust, and tar. It was completely and utterly disgusting.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              Wait a minute: Tramadol ADDICTS?

I was told it was a low-addiction/no addiction synthetic opiate. Hard or impossible to get the tolerance-thingy to.

Yes, I'd hate to be without it - but that's because I'd be in pain, not from the lack of the Tramadol itself.

Okay. That's it. I'm definitely asking my doctor to research Lyrica and Neurontin. Between Serotonin Syndrome and this apparent possibility of addiction....
              Yeah, it's weird. I've never taken Tramadol myself, but my understanding is that it's pretty much glorified Tylenol. But we do have a LOT of people who fill a 30 day supply, then try to come get a refill days later.

"I'll pay cash. Give me it."

Um, NO!!!

My pharmacists don't think it'll be long before it gets reclassified and joins the other schedule 4 drugs like Lortab and Vicodin. As for the lady in my post who got caught filling hundreds of the suckers every month, she either has a severe problem, or is dealing them out. Either way it's appalling, because she has a small baby. Might be a little of both, because she's gotten scrips for Lortab and even oxycodone, but always goes back to trusty ol' Tramadol.

I'd say the Tramadol addicts are much, much worse than the Lortab/Xanax ones.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Buggy bra... you know normally I think pharmacists aren't allowed to suggest medications anyway. It's part of the federal laws dictating that only doctors can do that.

However... in this case... Perhaps the pharmacist can suggest a new miracle product that they've invented recently. It's available without a prescription even! It's called "laundry detergent".

And if that doesn't get rid of the critters there's always the next step up with a stronger OTC product called "bleach".

Comment

Working...
                X