This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garage entrance fail

Underneath the office building where I work, there is a five-level underground car park. This serves not only the office (which is only five levels *above* ground) but the adjacent shopping centre as well.

The main entrance is at the end of a short inlet road which is threaded between the two buildings. It is on the left side of the road - but note that Finland drives on the *right*. So at the end of the road there is a very small roundabout, and the garage entrance is rotated 90 degrees to face the oncoming direction of the roundabout. Drivers who decide they don't i fact want to go inside can continue around on the surface to leave.

I've seen two completely different cars on two successive days which pulled straight up to the *left* side of the roundabout, and then apparently wondered why they weren't lined up with the garage entrance and had to reverse. The nearest left-hand-driving territory, meanwhile, is across two substantial bodies of water and the Scandinavian mountains.

So yes, there are crappy drivers even over here.
Working...
X