This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer ink adventures

So I tried this cartridge outlet ink refiller in the mall, tiny stand with one guy. He refilled my cartridges, color and black, for 20 bucks total. I took them home but couldn't for the life of me get the printer to print with them. So I took them back to him and he put more ink in or something, anyway he ran a test print and they seem to print fine now. He was super nice about it even though I couldn't find the receipt I know I saved

Nice to see someone going to that effort. If I can avoid buying new cartridges I will...so expensive.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

what the problem was is that (in an effort to prevent people refilling cartridges) the manufacturers tend to put a chip in the cartridges. after a certain amount of ink is used, the cartridge refuses to print. ( they do this because they make their money on the cartridges, BTW. It's why cartridges are so expensive. It's either expensive cartridges, or an expensive printer. Of course, the manufacturers made the choice for you.) The guy in the stand probably used a device to reset the chip. as for why the guy was nice about it, it's possible he remembers you.

Comment

Seriously? a chip huh? That's fucked up. But yeah I think he did remember me and I was super nice about it. If he hadn't been willing to work with me I would have accepted that and moved on since I had found refurbished cartridges online that are working fine and these would now have been extra.

I know they make their money off the cartridges. Printers are cheap to buy (especially this one it's a canon copier/scanner/printer for 20 bucks) but the ink bleeds you dry money wise. It figures they'd try to prevent people from refilling. Douche bags.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've had issues with refurbished cartridges not having their chips reset before. It's usually a simple swap with any refurb company worth patronizing.

It's also worth noting that if the chip contacts are obstructed in any way, that will prevent your printer from working despite having a full toner/ink supply. Ran into that at work earlier this week.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X