Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had my first "do you work here?" moment...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first "do you work here?" moment...

...today for the first time in 34 years! (That I can remember at least)

I was in The Red Bullseye and a woman with her son or grandson approaches me asking if I worked there.

Me: "No, sorry."
    Her: "Oh, ok. You looked important."
    Me: "Haha..thank you!"

I was wearing a green plaid shirt and khakis.

(You know, the more I think about her response, the stranger it actually seems for some reason. )

Oh, we know that all the important people at The Red Bullseye wear green plaid shirts with khakis.
    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Anyone who looks like they know where anything is is an employee, you didn't know this? (then I should be drawing paychecks from a dozen different stores )

I was visiting my dad last week out West, and I actually got a 'do you work here' at one of the grocery stores because dad was asking me produce PLUs at the self-checkouts (most of them had stickers, but I think he was just avoiding having to look for them; the scales were stupidly sensitive so if you lifted or moved anything even a millimeter it locked up).

The customer was nice enough about it when I said no "Ohmygosh, I'm sorry! You looked like you know what you're doing, so I just assumed..." I was able to tell her where to find what she was looking for, which was surprising even to me.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Heh. At <last job> I had a customer asking me if I was a manager because I didn't have a uniform on yet. They figured "employee that's not dressed like employee must be a manager!"

But in reality it was maybe my second day on the job.

Comment

The only time I was mistaken for a worker was when I was on vacation in another state, and a deaf man walked up to me in a bookstore and handed me a note that said, "Do you sell erotic books?" :gargle:

Had plenty of "Do you work here?" moments in other places. It seems people are more interested in asking questions than in using their brains and/or eyes. Which must making riding in the car with them driving a fun experience.
          Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Heh. At <last job> I had a customer asking me if I was a manager because I didn't have a uniform on yet. They figured "employee that's not dressed like employee must be a manager!"

But in reality it was maybe my second day on the job.
            I am forever being mistaken for a manager at the hotel I work at. It happened once when the owner was right next to me. A customer at the restaurant attached to the hotel started complaining to me about the food. It took me a couple seconds to realize what he was doing before I had to say that I don't work there. His response..."Oh. You look important so I thought you were a manager here." Seriously? Kind of makes me want to ask for a promotion and use these people as references. But I'm too smart for management here. Lol

Comment

It never happens to me I guess I don't look important enough
              https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
              Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

of course i've also been mistaken for being an employee when I was at Wegmans with my parents once... because i was walking briskly with a purpose in the store & didn't have a purse.

not to mention i had no idea where the item she wanted to find was. iirc it was the one wegmans in the area that was designed backwards so even i had trouble finding stuff there

Comment

I once was in a local supermarket when this snotty woman marched up to me and said, "I've been looking for ages and I can't find where the milk is. Go and get it for me!"

I was pre-menstrual and not feeling my best so I growled, "Get stuffed," at her cuz she was interrupting my perusal of the cake section. The woman flounced off and returned with a manager... who then, trying not to crack up with laughter, informed the woman that since I didn't work there, he couldn't tell me off for being rude to her. XD

The really hilarious thing? Well, this particular supermarket has a green and black uniform. I was wearing at the time a scruffy pair of black jeans, an open Slipknot hoodie, a Marilyn Manson t-shirt and a pair of black boots. I looked nothing like an employee. XD Maybe the next shop this woman ought to go to should be the nearest opticians.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                    The really hilarious thing? Well, this particular supermarket has a green and black uniform. I was wearing at the time a scruffy pair of black jeans, an open Slipknot hoodie, a Marilyn Manson t-shirt and a pair of black boots. I looked nothing like an employee. XD Maybe the next shop this woman ought to go to should be the nearest opticians.
                    I am always being asked for help when I go to the 'Blue, white and red' supermarket, no matter what I am wearing... last time I'd got a pair of jeans and a black and white Be Bop De Luxe T shirt on.. but obviously the 'I work in a shop' aura just overpowers everything else.
                    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Not to mention the fact that on scenting this aura, SCs channel their belief that shop workers live to serve them, even if they're not working and don't work in this particular shop! XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                      X