This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your vector, Victor?

A friend of mine had to fly to Edmonton for the Fringe Festival and, being a professional actor and improv artiste (see that? that's class right there), got the cheaper fare that had a stopover in Calgary. Unfortunately, bad weather prevented them from landing there so they had to detour to... Edmonton! They sat on the tarmac for two hours before getting clearance to continue on to Calgary, took a half hour to deplane, then had to wait another hour for the next flight. All so he could catch a 20 minute flight back to Edmonton.

I can just picture the conversation:

Actor Friend: Hi, miss? How long do you think we'll be waiting?
    Air Hostess: The captain says it might be an hour or two, depending on the storm.
    AF: I'm going to Edmonton anyway, could I just get off here?
    AH: What are you, some kind of comedian?
    AF: Well... actually...

You would think, that just out of common sense, they would let people deplane there if it was their final destination, with the understanding that baggage may or may not get offloaded. You know, to save fuel? But I guess if they couldn't get a gate...

Comment

Also in question is whether or not the airline has service at that airport.

A former boss took a flight from Atlanta to New York that was diverted to DC. He had to fight with the airlines to let him return to Atlanta. By the time he made it to New York, he would have missed his return flight to Atlanta. He had already missed his meeting.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Also in question is whether or not the airline has service at that airport.
        Indeed they do. In fact, the very plane he was on would have stopped to let passengers off/on and then continued up to Edmonton.

Comment

Then of course he should be made to stay on the plane.
          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
          Save the Ales!
          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
          X