This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cilantro, the little bugger!

So, for dinner last night I wanted some Qdoba. For those unaware it is a fast-ish food joint (I don't want to say fast-food because that implies super unhealthy fattiness) that specializes in Mexican. You order your burrito/taco whatever and walk with the employee down the line telling them what you want in it and they assemble it right before you.

Some here may know that I have an allergy to cilantro, and Mexican food tends to have A LOT of cilantro.

I asked if they had their corn salsa without the cilantro in it, and was answered with a negative.

"Okay," said I, "Just put it in anyway and I'll pick it out as I eat it, no biggie."

"Really?" asked the flamboyantly friendly employee, "you're sure?"

"Yeah! It's not a severe allergy, just enough to be annoying."

"Well okay," he said, and scooped the corn salsa onto my soft tacos. He paused, then pulled out a big leaf of cilantro that he spotted. "Here I'm going to help you out a bit." He then proceeded to quickly picked through the salsa he scooped - yes he was wearing gloves - and yanked out any of the icky leaves he saw.

That might not seem like a big thing, but I really appreciated it.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    So, for dinner last night I wanted some Qdoba. For those unaware it is a fast-ish food joint (I don't want to say fast-food because that implies super unhealthy fattiness) that specializes in Mexican. You order your burrito/taco whatever and walk with the employee down the line telling them what you want in it and they assemble it right before you.
    From your description, it sounds pretty much like a Mexican version of Subway. Do I have the right picture?

I'd describe it as "quick-serve restaurant" rather than "fast food".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      From your description, it sounds pretty much like a Mexican version of Subway. Do I have the right picture?
      I'd say you do.

Comment

Its delicious! And that was awesome of the worker!

Comment

I have eaten there quite a few times before (love their food, no allergies to speak of at all)

But yes, I do have to agree with the others, it was very nice of the employee to do that for you

Comment

I love Qdoba! There are a growing number of places like it now including (but not limited to) Baja Fresh (though they don't assemble it where you can watch), Chipolte, and Moe's Southwest Grill.

Qdoba is by far my favorite though.

Also might be worth saying, with employee awesomeness like that shooting an email to corporate, or the local manager is a really good idea too! Having employees commended (especially by name) is never a bad thing

I went out of my way to send an email to the head office of a local pizza chain, and word made its way back to the employee who I'd complimented. Needless to say he was extra happy to see me next time I was in his store.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Yes, except the quality of the food/ingredients that you get at Qdoba is way higher than the quality of the food/ingredients at Subway.

Also I did shoot off a compliment to corporate, stating that example specifically but also adding that I always get friendly, quick service and this store is worth the highway trip to get it.
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
              X