This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo's version of a Demonic Error?

Has anybody here ever encountered Yahoo's "Error 999"? And if so, what did you do about it? I am suddenly blocked from posting or responding to posts in my Yahoo groups, although my Yahoo mail and Yahoo chat still work as per normal. I've done a bit of research on the matter and while several people have made some good guesstimates about the source of the problem, nobody's sure, nor does anybody have any firm answers (and most of the answers seem to deal with Yahoo mail).

This is the most comprehensive site I've found on Error 999:
    http://www.murraymoffatt.com/software-problem-0011.html

It started about 24 hours ago, with problems trying to post in the groups, and now I can't post at all. I have a Mac Mini desktop computer with 3 browsers: Google Chrome (v. 21), Firefox v. 14) and Safari (v. 5). I also have a PC laptop with IE (sorry, I don't know what version offhand). I am getting the 'Error 999' message on all browsers on both computers.

I've contacted Yahoo. You can imagine how much help they've been ...

Usually when I get that error, it's because there are "bad" links in the post. If I remove them it goes through.

Comment

Thanks, Hawaiian Eskimo (love your name, LOL). I don't remember including any links in the posts, but I'll keep that in mind.

It seems to have been a Yahoo-wide problem (big surprise there). Several friends, who normally post to the groups from their email -- and were having no problems -- also tried posting directly from the group site and got the same error report.

Comment

Working...
      X